Sunday August 16 - Mellow Level 3/3- Local

alcoons

Just back in town. Have not paddled in two weeks.

Looking for interest in a mellow level 3/3- trip Sunday August 16. Harbor Islands, or?

Low tide: Sunday 1:45 PM in Boston Harbor.

Al

Interested for me and Hal B. I'd be interested in a half-day or shorter kind o thing. I've mostly been doing mini-paddles in my Plum Island/Cranes tromping grounds-- frequent but short. He wants me to experience off of Kings Beach, Lynn, and we'd be up for something you might suggest.

Interested for me and Hal B. I'd be interested in a half-day or shorter kind o thing. I've mostly been doing mini-paddles in my Plum Island/Cranes tromping grounds-- frequent but short. He wants me to experience off of Kings Beach, Lynn, and we'd be up for something you might suggest.

Hi.

Not sure what you mean by "He wants me to experience off of Kings Beach, Lynn." Could you explain?

Let's see if we enough others to make a trip. Sure hop so.

Can you let us know more about your capabilities? Please check the level 3 requirements at http://www.nspn.org/paddle_levels.htm . However, we most likely will be on the lower end of the level 3 expectations.

Al

Just back in town. Have not paddled in two weeks.

Looking for interest in a mellow level 3/3- trip Sunday August 16. Harbor Islands, or?

Low tide: Sunday 1:45 PM in Boston Harbor.

Al

I'm interested Al - pick a place and time.

Larry

I'm interested Al - pick a place and time.

Larry

Larry. Thinking of early launch to beat the head? 9:15 AM.

Was thinking

1) Marblehead/Riverside to Mystery (I have not paddled Salem Sound this summer but others are probably bored?)

or

2) Something short in the Harbor Islands from Winthrop.

Feedback?

Hi.

Not sure what you mean by "He wants me to experience off of Kings Beach, Lynn." Could you explain?

Al

I think she is referring to wanting to paddle the area around Kings Beach in Lynn/Swampscott.

It is a pretty nice area. You can park on the street right at the beach. At launch, you can either head East past Swampscott Harbor, up to M'head and Tinkers. Or, you can head South/West towards Nahant and then out around Eastern Point. If your feeling really adventurous, you can go out to Graves Light...about a 4 mile open crossing from Eastern Point.

Here is a mapquest to the launch area

I think she is referring to wanting to paddle the area around Kings Beach in Lynn/Swampscott.

It is a pretty nice area. You can park on the street right at the beach. At launch, you can either head East past Swampscott Harbor, up to M'head and Tinkers. Or, you can head West towards Nahant and then out around Eastern Point. If your feeling really adventurous, you can go out to Graves Light...about a 4 mile open crossing from Eastern Point.

Thanks Bill.

Interesting. I did the Riverhead, around Marblehead Neck, Tinkers, Swampscott and return last year. Besides the expected stink at low tide at Red Rocks, it was an interesting paddle.

Can you pinpoint the put-in more specifically or is it obvious? Here is what I found:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&...le&resnum=1

Any low tide problems?

Al

Your location is good. You can park anywhere along Lynn Shore Drive. There is a seawall there, but there are several stairs and ramps along the drive to access the beach. No problems at low tide, it is a firm sandy beach. It will be a bit of a hike at low tide down to the waters edge...a good 100+ yards. If you haven't done out around Nahant, it's a nice paddle, About 4 miles if you follow the coast to get to Eastern Point (good surfing at Long Beach Nahant along the way if there is any), you can continue around Nahant for a far as you want, then return.

Hi.

Let's see if we enough others to make a trip. Sure hop so.

Can you let us know more about your capabilities? Please check the level 3 requirements at http://www.nspn.org/paddle_levels.htm . However, we most likely will be on the lower end of the level 3 expectations.

Al

I was with you at the Solstice paddle-- had the 15 yr old girl with me. Yes, Hal's been off Kings beach and I just wanted to go out there with Him and a few others. I will let you know if we are in for sure later tonight. What time does is launch-- I'm missing that in the posts I saw.

Nancy