Groceries near the water around Muscongus Bay?

Phil Allen

Hi All,

We'll be spending much of a week poking around the MITA islands of Muscongus Bay. I always prefer fresh food to freeze dried so I'd like to resupply about half way through the week. Anybody have personal experience with getting groceries to resupply at either Round Pond, New Harbor or Friendship harbors? Preferably walking distance from a landing.

Thanks.

Phil

personal experience with getting groceries to resupply at either Round Pond, New Harbor or Friendship harbors?

This is only a partial answer, but....

There is a small grocery store at Round Pond within easy walking distance from ramp.

If I were looking to resupply, I would go to the Port Clyde General Store. Its on the water's edge and they have stock for island and cruising folks so you should be able to find what you want there.

FWIW, you can buy lobsters directly from the lobstermen when they are out fishing. good idea to have a mesh bag for them....otherwise they will be crawling about in the cockpit and claws may not be banded. The potential consequences of which.....

Freeze Dried???

Ed Lawson