NSPN Volunteers Needed for July 25th.

Hey Folks,

We need volunteers from among the NSPN membership to act as safety boaters for this worthwhile event. It is a day of kayak and swim races in Salem Harbor to benefit the work of Salem Sound Coast Watch. As a group, we probably paddle more in Salem Sound than in any other area, so it should be right up our alley. For those who want to volunteer and are a bit unsure of their rescues skills, we can definitely meet as a group ahead of time for a refresher. Find it in yourself to help the environment, Salem Sound Coast Watch and NSPN by volunteering today! For those interested, please send me a PM or an email. Feel free to contact me with questions as well.

http://www.swimandfin.org/

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jun 9 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Folks,

We need volunteers from the among the NSPN membership to act as safety boaters for this worthwhile event. It is a day of kayak and swim races in Salem Harbor to benefit the work of Salem Sound Coast Watch. As a group, we probably paddle more in Salem Sound than in any other area, so it should be right up our alley. For those who want to volunteer and are a bit unsure of their rescues skills, we can definitely meet as a group ahead of time for a refresher. Find it in yourself to help the environment, Salem Sound Coast Watch and NSPN by volunteering today! For those interested, please send me a PM or an email. Feel free to contact me with questions as well.

Kevin, Are you still looking for people to do this? What time would we need to be there by and roughly when would we be finished?

Gay

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jun 9 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Folks,

We need volunteers from the among the NSPN membership to act as safety boaters for this worthwhile event. It is a day of kayak and swim races in Salem Harbor to benefit the work of Salem Sound Coast Watch. As a group, we probably paddle more in Salem Sound than in any other area, so it should be right up our alley. For those who want to volunteer and are a bit unsure of their rescues skills, we can definitely meet as a group ahead of time for a refresher. Find it in yourself to help the environment, Salem Sound Coast Watch and NSPN by volunteering today! For those interested, please send me a PM or an email. Feel free to contact me with questions as well.

Kevin,

I'm available to help. If possible, meeting ahead of time is not a bad idea. Possibly at the Forest River skills sessions on Friday night?

Bob

Kevin,

I'm available to help. If possible, meeting ahead of time is not a bad idea. Possibly at the Forest River skills sessions on Friday night?

Bob

Gay and Bob,

Yup, we could use a few more folks. For those who are available, we will be at FRP for the Friday session so we can go over everything then and then again on Sat. morning for those who cannot attend Friday.

According to the SSCW website, it all starts at noon, so it would be best if folks show up between 11-11:30 and on the water by 11:45.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jul 20 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gay and Bob,

Yup, we could use a few more folks. For those who are available, we will be at FRP for the Friday session so we can go over everything then and then again on Sat. morning for those who cannot attend Friday.

According to the SSCW website, it all starts at noon, so it would be best if folks show up between 11-11:30 and on the water by 11:45.

Kevin,

Already sensing that I will be held up at work, so may miss the FRP practice session (or will at least be very late). Am available on Sat morning prior to the race.

Bob

Kevin,

Already sensing that I will be held up at work, so may miss the FRP practice session (or will at least be very late). Am available on Sat morning prior to the race.

Bob

Bob,

If you send me your email, I will send you the information in re Sat.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jul 24 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bob,

If you send me your email, I will send you the information in re Sat.

Kevin,

email:

rylevine at comcast dot net

Will also send pm.

Bob