Solstice Paddle June 27 Level 2/2+

Rob Hazard

Welcome, Ann! Glad to have you come along.

A note to everyone: I assume we've all read the guidelines concerning trip Levels. This trip should actually fall into Level 2, with less than 10 miles to travel, less than 10 knots of wind, less than 1 ft seas, no surf, no current. If wind or waves exceed Level 2 we will cancel the trip and do something else.

Paddling skills called for: forward, reverse and sweep strokes, and having practiced the dreaded Wet Exit and T - Rescue.

If you need a refresher on the wet exit and T - rescue, please come to Chebacco Lake tomorrow (Thursday) evening and we'll go over it ad nauseum!

Of course we are all required to have PFD and sprayskirt.

See you all on the beach at 10:45!

Rob

Just a heads up to avoid future confusion for folks that this is not an L2 trip:

L2:Paddling will be on lakes, sheltered rivers, harbors, tidal estuaries, etc.

L3:Paddling may involve limited exposure to open ocean with access to sheltered water or landing near at hand (less than one mile).

Open ocean exposure and the crossing to the Willows technically bumps it to L3. The L2+ designation was decided upon since the trip typically has L2 conditions on an L3 route.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jun 26 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a heads up to avoid future confusion for folks that this is not an L2 trip:

L2:Paddling will be on lakes, sheltered rivers, harbors, tidal estuaries, etc.

L3:Paddling may involve limited exposure to open ocean with access to sheltered water or landing near at hand (less than one mile).

Open ocean exposure and the crossing to the Willows technically bumps it to L3. The L2+ designation was decided upon since the trip typically has L2 conditions on an L3 route.

I'm planning to come also, I'll see you all there! BethS (yellow and white Nordkapp LV)

Rob,

I am currently signed up for the L3 trip, but getting a bit concerned about being that far off shore if there are T-storms, so I may join you.

Bob K.

Rob,

I'm planning on joining you. See you tomorrow.

Hey Rob,

I'm looking forward to joining your group tomorrow.

See you then. Thea

HI Rob; I'm not sure if I can make it after all, I may be coming down with a cold, I'll see how I feel in the morning. BethS

Depending on conditions, I'm going to aim for the L3 trip. But if it looks like that one will be beyond me, I'll join you for this one. Looking forward to it either way!

Kevin

Conditions for L3 trip look like a bit much, so I'll be doing this one. We'll have so many boats, maybe we could do a little piracy.

Kevin

Conditions for L3 trip look like a bit much, so I'll be doing this one. We'll have so many boats, maybe we could do a little piracy.

Kevin

I'm not feeling too great this morning, think I'll take it easy today after all, so sorry to miss it! BethS