NSPN after work Skills Sessions: 2009!

PeterB

June is upon us, and after work skills sessions are beginning, or have already begun! They are on the calendar, or will be soon.

Whether its rolling, rescues, trying each others boats, or just enjoying the water,camaraderie, and sunset, skills sessions are… fun.

Skills sessions are Common Adventure Model.

Tuesdays: Great Pond (Kingston, NH.) and Seabrook,NH Cathy Foley and friends started these sessions, and they’re going strong: every other week this session will held in Seabrook Harbor, a great spot to get acquainted with surf, and the ocean.

Wednesdays; Lake Gardner (Amesbury), under the iron but gloved hand of Rick Stoehrer: There will be fun, and a few rescues.

Thursdays: ChebaccoLake (Manchester Essex) Chebacco Lake sessions have been run for many years by the venerable Rick Crangle. There will be familiar faces, and new people are always warmly welcomed.

Fridays: Forest Park, (Salem ) with Kevin Beckwith, with his blushing bride , Gillian. These sessions may run every other week, when there’s a higher tide at Forest River Park. Past sessions have featured fun, frisbee games , learning, food and beer afterwards. More of the same forecasted.

Special thanks to all that have already starting posting these on the calendar! Looks like the summer's kickin' off with a bang! :cheer:

Anybody know if the Mystic Lake sessions will be revivied this year as well?

Special thanks to all that have already starting posting these on the calendar! Looks like the summer's kickin' off with a bang! :cheer:

Anybody know if the Mystic Lake sessions will be revivied this year as well?

Ernie and I have talked about it.

Mystic Lakes sessions (Medford) have run for years, and it's a great location for residents of Boson or nearby suburbs, towns, or who work in the city.

Monday would be best day for a Mystic session , unless a significant group of people could commit to another day of the week. We would like to have some indication of interest in regular sessions before posting.

If anyone is interested in Mystic, post here or contact me or Ernie.

Peter

Tuesday Nights in NH alternate from Great Pond in Kingston on one week. The following week we will be at Seabrook Harbor for ocean skills and surfing.

Tonight, June 2 we are at the ocean in Seabrook. Bill Harter is the lead organizer of the ocean surf sessions.

Mystic Lakes sessions (Medford) have run for years, and it's a great location for residents of Boson or nearby suburbs, towns, or who work in the city.

Monday would be best day for a Mystic session , unless a significant group of people could commit to another day of the week. We would like to have some indication of interest in regular sessions before posting.

Peter

I will come to Mystic sessions sometimes, and Monday is fine.

--David

Peter

Thanks for posting, Peter.

Again, I should be able to attend through Monday July 6, returning from Ireland for August 10.

Ern

We starting paddling sessions on the Mystic this week? If yes, what time? TIA

Uh...I guess NEXT Monday, the 15th, generally around 5:30.

Ern

• 3 weeks later...

looking to go to the Chebacco one this week (tomorrow) whats the water temp up around here? (I just moved up from the balmy waters of RI)..

thanks

rob

Peter

I'd be interested in mystic lake sessions, and Mon eve works for me! BethS

A personal observation: While it's great to come to lake sessions, it's not enough to sit in your boat watching while someone demonstrates rescues.

Talk is cheap.

You gotta DO IT YOURSELF! Participate! Get out of the boat!

You also need to practice in conditions representative of what you might need to perform the rescues in. These are the conditions that you will paddle in. If you only paddle on lakes, then practice on lakes is sufficient. If not...

Cheers!

Ty

I didn't get to the (empty) Mystic until 7PM yesterday, but watched a magnificently turbulent sky-scape as dusk approached. See ya next week?

Ern

I didn't get to the (empty) Mystic until 7PM yesterday, but watched a magnificently turbulent sky-scape as dusk approached. See ya next week?

Ern

Ernie,

let me know if you want to paddle some evening this week,

Barry.

I should be there this Monday (the 6th), but then away in Ireland, returning to the Mystic August 10th.

Ern