Odiorne Point Sat 1/10

rossjb1

Looks like it might be cold so we will keep it local giving us the opportunity to call it at the put in, head back early or stay out and then warm after with a cool frothy pint of dark stout (or soda). 10:00 @ Odiorne point (by the bridge). Ross

Looks like it might be cold so we will keep it local giving us the opportunity to call it at the put in, head back early or stay out and then warm after with a cool frothy pint of dark stout (or soda). 10:00 @ Odiorne point (by the bridge). Ross

Sounds good Ross. I'll confirm one way or the other by tomorrow evening.

Weather looks OK as of now...maybe some snow fall and moderate wind. I plan to go unless things change dramatically.

Looks like it might be cold

Might be cold??? Likely I will be there. If not there at 10AM, assume I decided against. Sounds like it might be a nice day to paddle down the coast actually...assuming one can stay warm. I don't think getting out of the boats and hanging around on a beach for lunch will be all that appealing.

Ed Lawson

Hi Folks....... There is no parking at the bridge on 1-A at Ordione Point.

I went there today to see how conditions were.

....The bridge is out.... under constuction from both sides.

(I talked with one of the heavy equipment guys they've been at it for about a month)

The detour brought me over by Wallis Sands State park so I checked that out...that would make a long long put in but the Parking lot is all ice might as well bring your skates...but no good for most vehicles.

There is a parking lot possible put in (N43.04160, W070.71539) right at the edge of the Science Center but not on their property. It has possibilities but you would need to put in and head straight out there are a lot of rock shoals that will cover with the tide so the margin of running a ground or a gash

is quite real.

Others propably have better ideas but Ordione parking is out

We could put in at either Pierce island or Goat island.

Jon

Is Odiorne not accessible because of the parking lot not being plowed? We were there a couple of weeks ago and parked on the road. I think there some space on the put in also. Ross