Paddle January 10 or 11

rossjb1

I'm free! Lets keep an eye on the weather and make a decision about where to go. If weather is questionable then perhaps stay close. If forecast is excellent then perhaps we can journey. I am still interested in Cape Porpoise but only if it is not too cold and windy. Merrimac is frozen. I wouldn't mind staying closer just to get out and get some exercise. Perhaps a paddle along the shoreline. Post if you have any ideas or interest. Ross

My preference is Cape Porpoise. Launch from Ocean Ave beach. Wave at Bush Sr. as we pass by. Never mind the scowling members of the secret service.

Sure lets give it another try. Perhaps we can get Mr. Bush to join us. Either day works for me. How about the crew from last weekends non trip? Jon, Ed, Gerry, Cathy, Bill..you guys still interested? Anyone else? Ross

Sure lets give it another try. Perhaps we can get Mr. Bush to join us. Either day works for me. How about the crew from last weekends non trip? Jon, Ed, Gerry, Cathy, Bill..you guys still interested? Anyone else? Ross

I'm interested. I'll know for sure closer to the weekend.

I'm free Saturday but have plans for Sunday. Weather permitting, I'm up for a paddle, but don't want to paddle if freezing cold like last weekend. I'll go wherever, no preference here.

Weather favours Sunday a bit. Perhaps a bit windier but if Westerly (Sunday) some protection from the land as opposed to Easterly (Saturday). Also snow forecast, making the drive especially a concern. I'm not sure all of you have discovered how valuable the Subaru Forester is to a paddler yet. Then again, if history holds it will all change by then.

Ok lets keep our eyes on the weather and see what the temps are like, we can plan and call it off if needed on Friday night. Perhaps we can plan something closer and do a shorter paddle. I'm open to ideas. I do want to check out Cape Porp. but I am hesitant to drive all the way up there for a shorter paddle or to have to call it off at the put in. Lets all be flexible and keep kicking around ideas. Ross

BTW I am also thinking about heading out Sunday so we can plan for that day also.

I do want to check out Cape Porp.

Paddling around Cape Porpoise is rather tide dependent in some respects. My impression is the tides are not all that favorable this weekend, but others may feel differently.

Ed Lawson

Paddling around Cape Porpoise is rather tide dependent in some respects. My impression is the tides are not all that favorable this weekend, but others may feel differently.

Ed Lawson

I'm OK with staying round here. Maybe take advantage of the fact that we can park and launch at beaches that are usually off limits in the summer time. Plum Island etc. i would enjoy a paddle along the shore. Ross

...the tides...

The chaht shows green around many of the outlying islands. Low tide for Saturday is ~4:30PM and Sunday is 5:30PM. I don't have local knowledge what that would mean a regards landing at Goat Island when we would expect to get there (~1-2PM?). I'd be willing to risk a "shoreline paddle" in lieu of landings potentially mired in tidal marsh, though there might be a dearth of take outs. There is a clear channel into Cape Porpoise (and the town landing). The Turbatts Creek launch/landing is supposed to be avoided at or near low tide, though again I don't have a window as I do with Fox Creek (Ipswich).

So is there interest in sticking around here for a paddle? What are the preferences. Bob ur still interested in C.P.? Looks like a few of us are on the Face Book site (thanks Cathy) so we could actually I.M. each other to come up with a set plan. I'll check @ around 8 tonight Ross

So is there interest in sticking around here for a paddle? What are the preferences. Bob ur still interested in C.P.? Looks like a few of us are on the Face Book site (thanks Cathy) so we could actually I.M. each other to come up with a set plan. I'll check @ around 8 tonight Ross

I'd lean towards sticking around the area to paddle.

My preference is C.P. but local isn't out of the question. I won't be going out both days and you mentioned perhaps doing so wherein Sunday in C.P. would work out. I'll check later tonight and you can send me an e-mail (using some function of the message board). I may still have your address.