pre-party paddle on 12/6

rossjb1

Meet at Kettle Cove beach parking (Ocean St. off of 127) @ 10:00. Paddle around the islands or if anyone prefers, pick a rock garden to play in. If the ocean is placid then we can pick a straight line (A-P) point, paddling parallel to the profile of the shore or peel off and pursue a perpendicular path. Perhaps even partake in some skills practice. Not to pontificate, but please prepare appropriately to prevent any perilous predicaments on this pre-party paddle. Ross (P.S. My wife says I spend way too much time on this web site).

[quote

P) point, paddling parallel to the profile... or peel off and pursue a perpendicular path. Perhaps even partake.... Not to pontificate, but please prepare... to prevent any perilous predicaments on this pre-party paddle.

NINETEEN "P"s! Surely you jest!

Peter prefers this prose to previous post:

Paddle around the islands, or if participating paddlers prefer, pick a rock garden to play in. If aquatic playground is perfectly placid, participating paddlers may paddle parallel to the peninsular profile , or peel off and pursue a perpendicular path. Perhaps even partake in some skills practice. Not to pontificate, but please prepare punctiliously to prevent any perilous predicaments on this proposed pre-party paddle.

PFDs paramount. When preparing for paddle, participating paddlers please preclude use of Pungo–esque kayaks: Poseidonesque paddlecraft preferred.

Peter prefers this prose to previous post:

Paddle around the islands, or if participating paddlers prefer, pick a rock garden to play in. If aquatic playground is perfectly placid, participating paddlers may paddle parallel to the peninsular profile , or peel off and pursue a perpendicular path. Perhaps even partake in some skills practice. Not to pontificate, but please prepare punctiliously to prevent any perilous predicaments on this proposed pre-party paddle.

PFDs paramount. When preparing for paddle, participating paddlers please preclude use of Pungo–esque kayaks: Poseidonesque paddlecraft preferred.

Put down the thesaurus...and step away from the keyboard....This preposterous, pontificating is proof positive, people have been partaking of pre-party provisions.

When will this madness stop?

Pomposity? Pugnacious presumption! Peter prefers perseverating not parsimonious Ps.

Ed Lawson

People, please be polite to poor Peter the pious paddler if he prefers his own personal post. I don't take it personally, it wasn't perfect, and he does paddle a P&H (perhaps not permanently but at least presently) . And always remember....Precluding any of our personality problems we are all still just paddlers in a pod.. Ross

A prior pledge to peddle my handcrafted pieces prevents my person and P& H from participating in this paddle. :D

By handcrafted pieces...do you mean personally produced products? Please pontificate properly B) my keyboard remains properly protected from percipitation. :rolleyes:

By handcrafted pieces...do you mean personally produced products? Please pontificate properly B) my keyboard remains properly protected from percipitation. :rolleyes:

Prior to my pursuit of paddling, my first passion was to portray the physical world by producing handcrafted stained glass pieces. Each precisely cut from a palette of colors and put together with a perfectly smooth bead of solder. Panic has set in because I have prioritized paddling out of any port or put in over practicing my craft. I have practically nothing to parade in front of potential patrons.

Prior to my pursuit of paddling, my first passion was to portray the physical world by producing handcrafted stained glass pieces. Each precisely cut from a palette of colors and put together with a perfectly smooth bead of solder. Panic has set in because I have prioritized paddling out of any port or put in over practicing my craft. I have practically nothing to parade in front of potential patrons.

One would possibly presume that you're positively panicky at the paucity of products to proffer, from your previous primary passion.

...perfectly puffed-away by all this puzzling "P-ification", pintail is presently perusing...and presuming that playing with pees (peas, too?) will not perpetrate permanent mental pictures on our progressive and paddle-friendly website?

by the way, EEL, re precipitation protection on your pushpad keys -- what about perspiration puddles? DisPort a Protec, i say!

(OK, Popefloats?)

Furthermore...I have a presentiment that the perspicacity of this paddling parade must be pushing productivity downwards and ever downwards -- to the pissed-off nature of our pugnacious and politic product-people!

I am pleasantly surprised by the plethora of published posts since I penned the preliminary. Who knew the power and potential possibilities for the phoneme P (technically referred as a plosive). It appears, however, that we have pried opened a proverbial pandoras box of paddling. There is now a distinct possibility that our creativity will soon plateau, possibly even plummet thereby producing more paragraphs of passionate yet purposeless perseverative pondering on the letter P. Though I can’t say positively at what precise point, but we really shouldn’t push it. The pertinent question is thus … any persons who will possibly be plotting to participate in this…. dare I say it….pre party paddle, please pronounce themselves personally in your next post.

Ross. A.K.A. Padayak, the Pied Piper of Paddling

B) my keyboard remains properly protected from percipitation. :rolleyes:

"Percipitation" puzzles me...?

understandably so...it should, in fact, be "precipitation" and it was in reponse to Heidi's comment about this continuing until "the spray shorts out the computer"

When in doubt, in my case, always assume I've misspelled.

Personal participation in pre-party paddle positively predicated 'pon pensive s'pouse's possible party presence. Probable pondering past post-dawn porridge predicted, as past party pig-out patterns portend prerequisite preptime for plating preponderance of party pastries to be personally passed...

...par moi!

Sorry people, I know its probably cheating, possibly even plagiarism, but I had to partake in the pull of putting a few more P’s in my previous post. I PROMISE I won’t persist because my spouse won’t permit it. She proclaimed that partaking in it is positively peculiar and presenting as a problem pertaining to this particular paddler. Plus it’s pretty much paralyzing the productivity and performance of my parietal lobe, causing her to be perturbed and a bit pissed. (that plus the paddling gear soaking in the tub)

I am pleasantly surprised and pleased by the plethora of poetically profound posts produced since I penned and then published the pensive preliminary paragraph (some preposterous, some perverse and some par excellence). Who knew the power and potential possibilities of our proud little pal the prolific Phoneme P (Professional Speech Lang. Pathologists peg it as a Plosive produced by puckering the lips into a popping position)? It appears, perhaps, that we have pried opened a proverbial Pandora’s box of paddler pandemonium. Present now is a plausible possibility that our creativity will soon plateau, probably plummeting precipitously thereby producing more pages of passionate yet purposeless perseverative pondering on the letter P. Not a good prognosis. Though I can’t postulate positively at what precise place, it would be prophetic to point out that we probably shouldn’t push it.

The pertinent pronouncement is thus … any persons plotting to possibly participate in this…. I say it apprehensively….pre party paddle, please proudly proclaim your plans in your next personal post.

Ross. A.K.A. Padayak, the Pied Piper of Paddling

aw... don't be a party pooper ;)

Please accept my pardon, but pending party prep as well as climate un-preparedness will prevent me from participating in a previous paddle. Thanks for posting the proposal, see you in person, post-paddle!

apropo pic:

:t07021:

3 of us guys going so far, probably gliding towards Gloucester to do some rock gardening and grabbing some grub on one of the gravel beaches. Conditions currently seem quiet and calm with small waves cresting, conducive for a possible crossing of the harbor (depending on the current of course). Oh god its starting again... help!!!

SAT W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SE IN THE LATE MORNING AND

AFTERNOON. SEAS AROUND 2 FT.

Low tide @ 11:03 so there will be plenty of exposed rock to play around if there are any swells. good time to be out there because exposed vegetation won't scratch up the boat (as much). Should be pretty calm so we make try to make it more of a journey. Off the water with plenty of time to make it to the party! Ross