Ocean paddle on Saturday 10/11?

JRRousseau

Saturday is a very rare free day for me. I'm looking for a level 2+/3 ocean paddle.

If anyone is putting anything together, I'd love to join in.

Thanks

-John

Saturday is a very rare free day for me. I'm looking for a level 2+/3 ocean paddle.

If anyone is putting anything together, I'd love to join in.

Please take this as a constructive and not a negative comment. If you have a trip in mind that you have enjoyed or have an interest in doing, then why not just post it and do it as opposed to asking if someone will do it for you? I rather imagine you will find several others who will want to join. Given the S&G, CAM or however the trip protocol is described; you should not feel you need to be a "leader", an "experienced", or a card carrying BCU/ACA whatever paddler to initiate a trip. If everyone sits around waiting for someone else to post a trip or worse complains because there are no trips (as opposed to taking some affirmative steps which led to trips), then there will be precious few posted trips.

Ed Lawson

My Sat appt just cancelled, so I'm probably free too.

What's your pleasure?

Harbor Islands from Deer Island?

Crane's or around Rockport from Lane's Cove?

Or from Tuck's? Salem?

I'm pretty open, as long as we put-in too early.

I actually hope this helps with the perceived need for specificity.

Ern

PS Barry: I can drive both of us.

Please take this as a constructive and not a negative comment. If you have a trip in mind that you have enjoyed or have an interest in doing, then why not just post it and do it as opposed to asking if someone will do it for you? I rather imagine you will find several others who will want to join. Given the S&G, CAM or however the trip protocol is described; you should not feel you need to be a "leader", an "experienced", or a card carrying BCU/ACA whatever paddler to initiate a trip. If everyone sits around waiting for someone else to post a trip or worse complains because there are no trips (as opposed to taking some affirmative steps which led to trips), then there will be precious few posted trips.

Ed Lawson

Ed, I have found it productive to put a message up looking for ideas for a trip. Sometimes its just a matter of seeing if anyone else has any ideas especially if you are not set on a particular destination. Just as long as people are communicating about ideas and then coming up with a plan thru consensus.

My Sat appt just cancelled, so I'm probably free too.

What's your pleasure?

Harbor Islands from Deer Island?

Crane's or around Rockport from Lane's Cove?

Or from Tuck's? Salem?

I'm pretty open, as long as we put-in too early.

I actually hope this helps with the perceived need for specificity.

Ern

PS Barry: I can drive both of us.

Hi Ernie,

I'm assuming you meant "NOT too early". :D

Crane's sounds good to me. High tide is 9:08am tomorrow. Say BIB at 10:30? Lunch somewhere on Plum Island?

NW winds 10-15kt with gusts to 20 with 1-2ft seas seems fine.

I'm flexible with plans, just offering a concrete starting point for discussions. :P

-John

Hi Ernie,

I'm assuming you meant "NOT too early". :D

Crane's sounds good to me. High tide is 9:08am tomorrow. Say BIB at 10:30? Lunch somewhere on Plum Island?

NW winds 10-15kt with gusts to 20 with 1-2ft seas seems fine.

I'm flexible with plans, just offering a concrete starting point for discussions. :P

-John

Hi John,

Sounds great. Where's the put-in? I'm watching the Sox, so given the 1hr drive, 11AM launch is better. I'll check w/ Barry in the AM so there'll probably be 3-4 of us total.

RSVP in the morning for final signoff on location/time.

G'night.

Ern

781 483-3922

781 526-3860 cell

Hi John,

Sounds great. Where's the put-in? I'm watching the Sox, so given the 1hr drive, 11AM launch is better. I'll check w/ Barry in the AM so there'll probably be 3-4 of us total.

RSVP in the morning for final signoff on location/time.

G'night.

Ern

781 483-3922

781 526-3860 cell

John,

We could probably launch at 10:30 if closer (Deer Island or Tuck's).

Ern

John,

We could probably launch at 10:30 if closer (Deer Island or Tuck's).

Ern

I'm up for anything and the time is flexible too. I haven't launched from either, so I'll take any suggestions you have.

In order to make progress, here's the menu:

- Tuck's Point at 10:30 (bib)

- Pavillion Beach at 11:00 (bib)

Route and pace for both to be determined on the beach.

For folks that are planning on joining in, please state your interest and preference here.

Thanks

-John

:

- Tuck's Point at 10:30 (bib)

Hi John,

I'll pick up Barry at 9:30. We'll arrive at Tuck's Point by 10:30, launch at 11AM.

I just paddled up to the Greasy Pole from there Monday, so maybe south offers us several venus, but I'm completely open. Gloucester Harbor might be nice, as I've never paddled it.

Ern

781 526-3860 cell

I'll pick up Barry at 9:30. We'll arrive at Tuck's Point by 10:30, launch at 11AM.

Confirmed. Tuck's Point at 10:30. See you there.

Anyone else joining in?

-John