Marblehead fireworks viewing?

glil

Can anyone tell me about good places to view Marblehead's fireworks? Curious about water places, but more likely would view from land if the boat traffic tends to be crazy in the harbor, which I suspect it may.

Thanks, Gay

Ft. Sewall was an AWESOME location...(I'm a little extra sentimental about it cuz that's where Matt & I watched fireworks from on our honeymoon)...

...it's a spot that's close to the barge if you like the noise and there's even a little beach landing closeby... the real trick is finding parking.... but if you kayak to that spot & find a way to tie down the yaks so you can stake out a perch on the rocks of the fort for optimum viewing, you may outsmart the parking issue....I would just worry about crossing the boat traffic by those marinas along the way...

Heres some extra info...

http://www.marbleheadfireworks.org/fuse.html

Traffic info:

http://www.marbleheadfireworks.org/traffic.html

Parking map:

http://www.marbleheadfireworks.org/getthere.html#

Can anyone tell me about good places to view Marblehead's fireworks? Curious about water places, but more likely would view from land if the boat traffic tends to be crazy in the harbor, which I suspect it may.

Thanks, Gay

Marblehead Harbor after the fireworks is like Rt 128 at rush hour. My advice: don't do it in a kayak. Ft Sewell, Crocker Park and Seaside Park are excellent places to watch, however, parking is nill and be prepared to stay at the park for a while or sit in traffic afterwards. The harbor illumination is unique and is worth the trouble of getting there.

Bill

Yeah... we lucked out traffic wise that year... we stayed at the harbor light inn (not cheap) for the first two nights of married-ness, so we didn't have to deal with traffic at all....

If you could find somewhere to park that wasn't too far from Fort Sewall, but somehow closer to the main roads for exitability, that would be key... not an easy feat, but still worth it!!

Thanks, Gay

Gay,

Salem and Marblehead are having their fireworks on the same day. Depending on those in your group in re comfort levels, your best bet may be to put in at Tuck Point in Beverly. From there you can paddle to the Willows and on to Salem harbor to see their fireworks. If the groups up to the trip and boat traffic is light, you could also paddle over to Marblehead.

Thanks for all of the helpful information and Happy Anniversary to Heidi and Matt! Current plan is to arrive at Deveroux Beach between 11 and noon, have all afternoon to play, and walk from there if we want to get to a closer viewing spot. Does anyone know from experience if this is realistic or if we would need to arrive earlier to park at Deveroux on the 4th? Also, is it realistic to walk to one of the other parks for viewing? Would rather walk 30 minutes than sit in traffic an extra 30 minutes.

Thanks, Gay