Solistice Paddle '08 a raging success!

hopefloats

Pardon me for gushing but....I just wanted to thank everyone who helped make this year's Solistic Paddle (and 10th Anniversary Celebration) a terrific success!!!

Thanks to Gillian, Kevin, Brain, Liz, Patty, Deb, Bob, Gay, & Bill for initiating and assisting with the paddling trips! I only witnessed one trip personally, so I'm anxious to read about how the other trips went!

Thanks also to Matt for his help setting up and his grilling expertise! ...and to Suwin for designing us a great T-shirt and some behind the scenes help getting the shirts and stickers off the ground! ...and to Gay for bringing a cool beach game and setting it up inspite of threatening skys! Thanks also to all the great suggestions for paddling games, even though the weather didn't totally cooperate to see them become a reality.

Thanks to Bob Burnett for coming! It was great to meet you and see some of your old friends too! ... as well as meet some new members too!

Fun was had by all, and I saw lots of paddlers try out some new challenges... It's so great to be a part of such a large, supportive group of kayak-fun loving folk!!! In fact, we attracted a lot of positive attention from bystanders and I even ended up passing out some brochures! We may have even more new friends to paddle with soon!

Thanks to everyone that participated! You all help make this club a great group to be a part of! It was great to see you all! Pictures to be posted soon!

Pardon me for gushing but....I just wanted to thank everyone who helped make this year's Solistic Paddle (and 10th Anniversary Celebration) a terrific success!!!

Thanks to Gillian, Kevin, Brain, Liz, Patty, Deb, Bob, Gay, & Bill for initiating and assisting with the paddling trips! I only witnessed one trip personally, so I'm anxious to read about how the other trips went!

Thanks also to Matt for his help setting up and his grilling expertise! ...and to Suwin for designing us a great T-shirt and some behind the scenes help getting the shirts and stickers off the ground! ...and to Gay for bringing a cool beach game and setting it up inspite of threatening skys! Thanks also to all the great suggestions for paddling games, even though the weather didn't totally cooperate to see them become a reality.

Thanks to Bob Burnett for coming! It was great to meet you and see some of your old friends too! ... as well as meet some new members too!

Fun was had by all, and I saw lots of paddlers try out some new challenges... It's so great to be a part of such a large, supportive group of kayak-fun loving folk!!! In fact, we attracted a lot of positive attention from bystanders and I even ended up passing out some brochures! We may have even more new friends to paddle with soon!

Thanks to everyone that participated! You all help make this club a great group to be a part of! It was great to see you all! Pictures to be posted soon!

Heidi is also being rather too humble here as usual;) A BIG thanks goes out to Heidi for orchestrating the whole day, from the t-shirts and new stickers down to the smallest detail of a ten year anniversary cake for NSPN. Volunteers like Heidi are the big reason why NSPN has continued to thrive for ten years. :cheer:

agreed! awesome job heidi! it was great meeting everyone and a special thanks to kevin for picking up the "new" avocet so i could take her on her maiden voyage yesterday, and thanks to bobb for spoiling his girlfriend and telling me all about it so i could egg kevin on! :)

any pics yet?

Thanks K&G. Unfortunately the Big Group Pic is on Matt's camera... which he has at work today! Stay tuned!!! ;)

Oh btw - if anybody missed the event, but still wants a 10th Anniversary T-shirt, we still have some left! Drop me an email heidihhhallatverizondotnet... we'll talk sizes, etc! They are $12.00 (same as hats)...and the new reflective stickers are $2, sold in pairs. I will eventually get them posted with the other stuff on the "NSPN Store" page.

Attached is what they look like:

post-100437-1214229769_thumb.jpg

post-100437-1214229786_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the thanks, but I can't take credit for initiating or planning any trips. Gillian, Brian and Kevin organized the trip I was on-so thanks to them. And thanks to everyone else who helped plan the event. It was a great success! And the T-shirts look awesome!

Gay

As Frosty once said:

Happy Birthday!

post-100554-1214279849_thumb.jpg

post-100554-1214279868_thumb.jpg

post-100554-1214280289_thumb.jpg

A huge thanks to Hiedi for shaming me into coming back for the 10th anniversary paddle/bash. I had a great time paddling with old and new friends alike. Boy, have you all gotten tame ;)

Hiedi, thank you for putting together a great event. Like Kevin said, it takes volunteers like you to keep NSPN alive and thriving.

BB

Thanks so much for coming, Bob... I was great to meet you, you're a lot of fun! It's no surprise with your exuberant personality why the club took off like wild fire in the first place!

Hopefully we'll see you again in celebrations to come!