Isle of Shoals

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jun 6 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Planning an Isle of Shoals trip in July or August. This is NOT a mothership trip. We'll be paddling out and back. If interested, please post or email:)

I'm interested.....early August is best for me as my July is totally booked.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jun 6 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Planning an Isle of Shoals trip in July or August. This is NOT a mothership trip. We'll be paddling out and back. If interested, please post or email:)

I'm interested.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jun 6 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep them coming. I'd like to have a group of 6-8 paddlers on the trip.:)

Saturdays: no can do; Sundays: interested...(even though, as I told Kevin and Gillian, once you've done this trip, you've done it -- it's not <overly> interesting, except that there is plenty of history attached to the isles)(and always assuming that everything goes according to plan!)

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jun 6 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm interested

Sean

I'll take the ferry out and wave to you guys from the beach - I'll be the one sipping margaritas and chuckling at you guys.

That's fine, as long as you share once we get there! :drinkinBuddies:

Phil

That's fine, as long as you share once we get there! :drinkinBuddies:

Phil

definitely!!! :) although since you have to paddle back another 5 miles with the sharks and such, you might want to stick to gatorade :)

Saturdays: no can do; Sundays: interested...(even though, as I told Kevin and Gillian, once you've done this trip, you've done it -- it's not <overly> interesting, except that there is plenty of history attached to the isles)(and always assuming that everything goes according to plan!)

Ahhh, yes Chrisopher... But alas it's those day things don't go as planned that it becomes interesting :roll: . Not sure if you were on the trip we had a "tired" paddler half way out. We towed him to Smuttynose to get him food, hydrated and rest in hopes he would recover on the trip back. In reality we thought that BB and Mr. Luby had planted a mole so continued out in hopes the jig would be up. Unfortunately it was for real great towing practice though :-).

I'll keep my eye on this thread also. Sat or Sun work here.

I'm definitely interested. Weekdays are out, but any weekend should be good.

Blaine Bjornstad

Assuming the launch would be from Odiorne Park, using the ruler tool in Google Earth I get 6 miles from there to the closest point in the Isles, Appledore.

Blaine

From Rye Harbor launch to Appledore Island is 5.9 NM.

From Odiorne launch to Odiorne Point is 1.6 NM, then from Odiorne Point to Appledore Island is 5.2 NM for a total of 6.8 NM.

Choose your poison and choose the right day.

• 3 weeks later...
Assuming the launch would be from Odiorne Park, using the ruler tool in Google Earth I get 6 miles from there to the closest point in the Isles, Appledore.

Blaine

are you using nautical or statue miles on GE?