gear

fella at the lake last night asked me about an emergency strobe light...neal, i think?

anyways, princeton tec is the company....link below.

amongst their products, they make dive lights...the strobe is waterproof to 100M...way below even the rec dive limit....waterproof and rugged enough for me.....i've never had luck in keeping any acr product working for more than a single season at best.

(http://www.princetontec.com/products/index.php?id=16&type=0&use)

fella at the lake last night asked me about an emergency strobe light...neal, i think?

anyways, princeton tec is the company....link below.

amongst their products, they make dive lights...the strobe is waterproof to 100M...way below even the rec dive limit....waterproof and rugged enough for me.....i've never had luck in keeping any acr product working for more than a single season at best.

(http://www.princetontec.com/products/index.php?id=16&type=0&use)

I have had good luck with this strobe. I would recommend installing a Lithium battery in the strobe.

-Jason

I have had good luck with this strobe. I would recommend installing a Lithium battery in the strobe.

-Jason

It is important to remember that if you activate a strobe @ night you will night blind all of the paddlers in your group.

I'm on the 4th season with my ARC light, its on my PFD & always gets a salt bath when I'm on the water. Still works for me. I do rinse it after every trip along w/ the rest of my kit.

It is important to remember that if you activate a strobe @ night you will night blind all of the paddlers in your group.

I'm on the 4th season with my ARC light, its on my PFD & always gets a salt bath when I'm on the water. Still works for me. I do rinse it after every trip along w/ the rest of my kit.

a strobe is an emergency only use light. by activating it you are declaring yourself in distress and if seen, folks will respond. if you acitvate it and are not in distress, you are going to run into problems with harbormasters, cg and anyone else involved in what was perceived as a "rescue" situation.

if i have to activate the strobe the least of my concerns is effecting the night vision of any folks with me...if we're in a group, then they're in the same trouble that caused me to turn on my strobe! hell, they ought to have their strobes activated too! it'll be a big blinking mess BUT folks able to lend aid are liable to see them at night and that's the important part.

out of curiosity..what do you use, or think you should be using, that light for?

a strobe is an emergency only use light. by activating it you are declaring yourself in distress and if seen, folks will respond. if you acitvate it and are not in distress, you are going to run into problems with harbormasters, cg and anyone else involved in what was perceived as a "rescue" situation.

if i have to activate the strobe the least of my concerns is effecting the night vision of any folks with me...if we're in a group, then they're in the same trouble that caused me to turn on my strobe! hell, they ought to have their strobes activated too! it'll be a big blinking mess BUT folks able to lend aid are liable to see them at night and that's the important part.

out of curiosity..what do you use, or think you should be using, that light for?

no comment