This questions stinks

shewhorn

You've been warned!

So... for this year's camping tricks I figured I'd upgrade the head from ziplocks/kitchen trash bags to WAG bags (I'm going on a 10 day trip... somewhere in the middle of that trip I hope to be able to offload which is a little more of a pain if you're doing the ziplock method). I ordered my box O WAG bags and upon receiving them I found them to be a great deal larger than what I was expecting. That does of course beg the question "what were you expecting" (hey... you asked). Well, I was expecting bags that were of the "one bag per deposit" variety. Maybe a gallon per bag (not that I can produce that much... I think mine are probably on the order of an eigth of a Kouric (it's a South Park Reference.... Gillian and Kevin are probably laughing... what... no???)). These bags however look like they were designed for the Incredible Hulk. So the question is... are smaller WAG bags available (I couldn't find any) or is it OK to "use" it a few times (even though it doesn't seem like they intended for it to be moved every morning). Finally... if multiuse umm... how many deposits is each bag useful for? It would be nice if REI had an FAQ on taking a poo in the woods. Yes... silly questions I know but on a 10 day trip this is DEFINITELY one area where I don't want to find out that my equipment is insufficient.

Cheers, Joe

We used, er, oversized BLM supplied WAG bags on a 4 day trip hiking down the Paria Canyon last year. Multi-use is ok...but I wouldn't want to share with a friend. We each carried our own, um, stash, paranoically wrapped in multiple trash bags. Being a rather compliant load, it squished nicely into the odd corner of the pack.

I don't know about others, but I simply performed on bare ground, and used a stick to scoop it into the bag. Didn't really bother inspecting the old contents. No big deal, just do it.

For 10 days, I'd carry a couple of such bags. Have a good supply of extra ziplocks, trash bags, hand wipes....you'll always want that anyhow, but nice to keep a few handy around this particular kit.

. how many deposits is each bag useful for?

I suppose that depends on many factors, but 2 to 3 uses per bag seems in the normal range.

You will provide a complete after action report of this trip...right?

When is it scheduled?

Ed Lawson

...but I wouldn't want to share with a friend.

There isn't enough money on the planet.

I don't know about others

Last year I did the "strengthen your quads whilst aiming into a Ziplock" method. I guess the WAG bag will technically be an "upgrade".

Cheers, Joe

You will provide a complete after action report of this trip...right?

Some day... It's my goal to post the pictures from last year's trip before launching for this year's trip.

When is it scheduled? Ed Lawson

Late June. If you're gonna be up in that neck of the woods PM me and I'll flil ya in on the details.

Cheers, Joe

Petco... Dogs Rule! Well, they do other things, too, which is why Petco sells... Doggie Bags!

Cheers,

Bob, on behalf of Rory and Fergus

Petco... Dogs Rule! Well, they do other things, too, which is why Petco sells... Doggie Bags!

Cheers,

Bob, on behalf of Rory and Fergus

I think I need to be walked. RUFF RUFF (pant pant pant pant pant pant pant).

OK seriously... are they just plastic bags or are they high tech fancy plastic bags with the gel and stuff?

Cheers, Joe

Not the real video but... the tune is kinda of appropriate...

http://vodpod.com/watch/444854-weird-al-yankovic-constipated

Cheap plastic and they come in a small roll a bit larger than a 35mm film canister.

Bob