Procedure for Pasting Trips to Calendar

EEL

Perhaps this is explained somewhere on the site, but I have not found it. When posting a NSPN member only trip to the calendar, is it also part of the procedure to post a notice of it in the General Message section as well? I assume it should not be posted in the private trip section since they do not belong there, but wondered if they should not be posted somewhere to alert members that a trip had been added.

Ed Lawson

Perhaps this is explained somewhere on the site, but I have not found it. When posting a NSPN member only trip to the calendar, is it also part of the procedure to post a notice of it in the General Message section as well? I assume it should not be posted in the private trip section since they do not belong there, but wondered if they should not be posted somewhere to alert members that a trip had been added.

Ed Lawson

Ed,

This is a transition to CAM question (among quite a few) that we have not answered as of yet. We (the BOD) will be meeting tomorrow to talk about such things and hopefully we can get them ironed out soon.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ May 5 2008, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a transition to CAM question (among quite a few) that we have not answered as of yet. We (the BOD) will be meeting tomorrow to talk about such things and hopefully we can get them ironed out soon.

Here is a radical idea for the BOD to mull over. Eliminate the "private" trips. If people want to invite some friends for a trip, surely they must know how to contact them. Under the CAM model, what is the function of the private trip as a separate category of trip to be posted on the NSPN website? I fail to discern a meaningful one. If I am willing to let others join me and some friends on a paddle, why give me a choice between posting a "private" trip and a NSPN CAM trip. Isn't one objective to have trips posted that all NSPN members can feel free to participate in assuming the trip is suitable for them. If it is easy to post "private" trips seems there is a risk of ending up with few if any NSPN CAM trips. At that point, is NSPN a paddling club or an online community for paddlers. No right or wrong answer to that question, but good to have a clear mission so to speak. Perhaps have a rule that non-members can attend one or perhaps two posted NSPN CAM trips before they must join NSPN. Then have only NSPN CAM trip posted on the website under a newly labeled section which replaces the Private Trips.

Ed Lawson

Who is being a grouch after no paddling this weekend.

Here is a radical idea for the BOD to mull over. Eliminate the "private" trips. If people want to invite some friends for a trip, surely they must know how to contact them. Under the CAM model, what is the function of the private trip as a separate category of trip to be posted on the NSPN website? I fail to discern a meaningful one. If I am willing to let others join me and some friends on a paddle, why give me a choice between posting a "private" trip and a NSPN CAM trip. Isn't one objective to have trips posted that all NSPN members can feel free to participate in assuming the trip is suitable for them. If it is easy to post "private" trips seems there is a risk of ending up with few if any NSPN CAM trips. At that point, is NSPN a paddling club or an online community for paddlers. No right or wrong answer to that question, but good to have a clear mission so to speak. Perhaps have a rule that non-members can attend one or perhaps two posted NSPN CAM trips before they must join NSPN. Then have only NSPN CAM trip posted on the website under a newly labeled section which replaces the Private Trips.

Ed Lawson

Who is being a grouch after no paddling this weekend.

Ed. That was exactly my question when I read the posts before yours.