Website Bug

bob budd

Under "Events and Planning" the tab "Put" should say "Put-In".

I am either not seeing it or not understanding. When I look under the drop down menu for "Events and Planning" I see "Put-ins/Directions". Are you seeing something different?

Under "Events and Planning" the tab "Put" should say "Put-In".

I don't see this "bug" either, neither on the menu nor on the actual put-in page.

In fact, I'd like to congratulate the writer of that page for getting the usage right in all cases but one -- "put-in" is the noun, "put in" the verb. The only slip-up (be careful not to slip up in the future ;-))) is the last line under Morris Island Causeway. And there is a doozy -- "Look for my car (maroon Isuzu rodeo) at the entrance to the put in path." I hope that nobody has donated a working Isuzu SUV as a permanent street marker for the put-in! :lol:

In general, that page is beautifully done -- thorough and, I assume, accurate.

--David

You are correct, it is the hyphen that is causing it, and only when you are in the Message Board. I will hopefully get a chance to look at the code sometime this weekend. Of course the problem only shows itself in IE...maybe I should email BILL GATES. :)

Looks like I've got it. Took a bit to find the right non-breaking hyphen code. I also fixed that silly 1 pixel space that was there in the header. YAY.