While we're at it...

hopefloats

T-Shirt Sizes  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we're on the subject of t-shirts...I wanted to get an idea of what sizes the majority would wear. That way, we order what we're most likely going to need.

Please vote for the size you would most likely wear.

(We will also be looking into the possibilities of affordable wicking materials, long sleeve options, etc., but that's really putting the cart before the horse! ;) )

(We will also be looking into the possibilities of affordable wicking materials, long sleeve options, etc., but that's really putting the cart before the horse! ;) )

Took the words out of my head: I don't understand why ALL the kayaking-related t-shirts have been made of cotton! Nice, soft-hand polyester knit shirts seem to abound now in the $15 range. Think we can pull it off?

Since we're on the subject of t-shirts...I wanted to get an idea of what sizes the majority would wear. That way, we order what we're most likely going to need.

Do you guys have a supplier and/or brand in mind? I really don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but IMHO the best AND cheapest tees are Gildan from CheapestTees, specifically the Ultra Cotton Heavyweight model. Look here... http://www.cheapestees.com/gilulcotheav1.html .. and note that they do logos as well.

$3.58 for a Tee that doesn't sag at the neck, roll up at the bottom, have a pocket that wrinkles, and is as heavyweight as they come. Amazing, in my book, and it's all I buy these days! Plus it comes in the widest selection of colors I've ever seen. (No, I don't get a commission-- just wanna make sure they stay in business.)

--David.

Took the words out of my head: I don't understand why ALL the kayaking-related t-shirts have been made of cotton! Nice, soft-hand polyester knit shirts seem to abound now in the $15 range. Think we can pull it off?

Happened to see that Campmor.com snagged a nice bunch of Russell Athletic 92poly/8spandex tees that they're selling for $10.97 Wonder if we could get a bunch cheap from Russell? Colors are nice too.

There is a custom t-shirt shop in southern Maine, maybe York? that uses wicking t-shirts, I believe NESC carries some of them. I'll search for his contact info among the charts, magazines, books, and other assorted rubble.

Can we have an XXL tall option too? B)

I would vote for the wicking style. The extra cost would be worth it as wicking shirts are hard to find.

Bill

I have established a relationship locally with The T-Stop in Wakefield, through doing the new hats last spring (they were really flexible with design issues, fair and gave us lots of personal attention to be sure we were happy with the end result) that I wouldn't mind rewarding with repeat business... (They also had wicking-material shirts and other fun stuff like water bottles, stickers...lots of fun future possibilities, but I hadn't spent the time looking into prices beyond getting the hats done at the time...)

However, any additional info is definately welcomed & will definately help us be selective in choosing quality and negotiate better prices...etc. Glad to see there are so many folks enthusiastic about the T-shirts!

P.S. I have seen Gildan shirts at many of the places I looked into last year too - in addition to NSPN's hats, I had just finished t-shirts for my family reunion and Gildan was definately a choice, as were tall sizes, so anything's possible! :)

I will need to weigh the possibilities of how a design will adhear to wicking material, affordability, interest, and so on... I also know Suwin has some experience with getting T-shirts done too... so once we have the final graphic we'll get the ball rolling!

just bumping up in case we missed any votes...

if you are just tuning in, this is for the NSPN 10th Anniversary T-shirts we'll be printing and selling at the Solistice party this year...