Pool Session Locations

We could use one more pool site, ideally towards the Boston/Waltham area. If you have any ideas, please call the site and inquire about the possibilities of pool sessions. If the phone call leads to a positive result, please send the contact information to me and I'll make the final arrangements. Thanks!

I'm waiting for calls back from Framingham Y and Waltham Y. I have a suspicion that Framingham may be uninterested but Waltham already has a 7 week Friday night schedule with Walden Pond Scum for pool sessions, so they may be open. More later

I'm waiting for calls back from Framingham Y and Waltham Y. I have a suspicion that Framingham may be uninterested but Waltham already has a 7 week Friday night schedule with Walden Pond Scum for pool sessions, so they may be open. More later

Phil,

Ipswich YMCA and UMASS Lowell.

Gene,

I've been trying in vain to get in touch with Brandon at the Waltham YMCA, but that guy just doesn't return phone calls :headBang:

Beckers,

Many years ago (nine or ten?) we used the pool at Hanscom to host a demonstration by a certain Mr. Hutchinson -- I suspect it was owned/run by the Air Force; but I am not certain. Might that be an idea?

I have absolutely no idea whom to contact or where to start enquiring; but others in that area might...?

(It isn't strictly an indoor pool: it is covered by one of those huge inflatable affairs)

Beckers,

Many years ago (nine or ten?) we used the pool at Hanscom to host a demonstration by a certain Mr. Hutchinson -- I suspect it was owned/run by the Air Force; but I am not certain. Might that be an idea?

I have absolutely no idea whom to contact or where to start enquiring; but others in that area might...?

(It isn't strictly an indoor pool: it is covered by one of those huge inflatable affairs)

I suspect that would be difficult in the post 9/11 era. Ironstone Ventures used to run motorcycle safety training(I believe it is required for servicemen who want to ride on post) at Hanscom and they had to move to another location.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jan 4 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phil,

Ipswich YMCA and UMASS Lowell.

Gene,

I've been trying in vain to get in touch with Brandon at the Waltham YMCA, but that guy just doesn't return phone calls :headBang:

Kevin,

Yes having same problem with Brandon. Framingham Y is out. They claim that pool is not deep enough. Keefe Tech in Framingham has a 8 lane, deep pool. I'm waiting for a call back! Also I'll try and check out Minute Man Tech in Lexington.

Kevin,

Yes having same problem with Brandon. Framingham Y is out. They claim that pool is not deep enough. Keefe Tech in Framingham has a 8 lane, deep pool. I'm waiting for a call back! Also I'll try and check out Minute Man Tech in Lexington.

Gene,

Thanks for checking. I managed to get Brandon on the phone and will talk with again next week, so I'll handle Waltham for now.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jan 9 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gene,

Thanks for checking. I managed to get Brandon on the phone and will talk with again next week, so I'll handle Waltham for now.

Kevin,

Any luck with Brandon? I was at Waltham last evening with the Walden Pond Scum. Very nice venue: 8 lanes, sauna, whirlpool, steam for before or apres pool sessions. By the way I don't like to brag (OK I do), but I performed my first off-side roll last night. As LD would say "It felt preeeetty good".

Kevin,

Any luck with Brandon? I was at Waltham last evening with the Walden Pond Scum. Very nice venue: 8 lanes, sauna, whirlpool, steam for before or apres pool sessions. By the way I don't like to brag (OK I do), but I performed my first off-side roll last night. As LD would say "It felt preeeetty good".

Kevin - I'm still trying with Brookline. I did everything they asked, and never heard a thing, but will make another overture.

John Gamel

• 3 weeks later...
Kevin,

Didn't NSPN have pool sessons at Waltham last year? I went to the last one of the season. I didn't realize there was a sauna until the very end of the night though! Any chance of this location again? It was by far the closest pool for me.

Gay

Didn't NSPN have pool sessons at Waltham last year? I went to the last one of the season. I didn't realize there was a sauna until the very end of the night though! Any chance of this location again? It was by far the closest pool for me.

Gay

I spoke to Brandon a couple of days ago on another issue (photography at pool side) and inquired about Kevin's request for pool time. He said that he was still working on the request and would have some answer soon. So there may be hope before Spring! As for the sauna there is indeed one in the men's section; I can't vouch for the women's. There is a whirlpool that is shared by both.

I spoke to Brandon a couple of days ago on another issue (photography at pool side) and inquired about Kevin's request for pool time. He said that he was still working on the request and would have some answer soon. So there may be hope before Spring! As for the sauna there is indeed one in the men's section; I can't vouch for the women's. There is a whirlpool that is shared by both.

The reply Brandon gave you is his standard answer and one he has been giving us since December. At this point, we will not continue to pursue sessions in Waltham.