Anyone paddling this weekend?

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

Planning to get out on Sunday. Haven't decided where yet.

Gay

Thinking most likely Sunday. Tides are right for any circumnav that depend a lot on current. Anyone have ideas or preference?

May do a one way trip from Newburyport to Portsmouth....

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jan 4 2008, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May do a one way trip from Newburyport to Portsmouth....

Might like to join you for at least a portion of this trip if you do it. Would maybe spot a car at Rye or start a bit further north and try to meet up with you. The mouth of the Merrimack would depend on conditions for me.

Gay

I might be up for something that isn't too aggressive...post here as plans develop.

Be careful where you put in - the Lane's cove webcam is starting to show ice. Ice can also be insideous... winds and tides can move the ice around and fill your put-in while you are out paddling, making you hoof it a long way to the car from an alternate take-out. I think Brian and Linda and a few others got trapped this way a year or two ago....

If you get up to rye harbor and especially if north of there, give a shout on Ch 72. We might be wandering about the area Sunday.

Hi All,

What about meeting at Kittery, Ordione, Rye Harbor or Pierce Island and deciding on the route at that time?

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jan 5 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

What about meeting at Kittery, Ordione, Rye Harbor or Pierce Island and deciding on the route at that time?

How about Rye Harbor? What time were you thinking?

Gay

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jan 5 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rye Harbor, say 10:30am / 11:00am?

11:00 sounds good. Is there parking at the State Park in winter?

11:00 sounds good. Is there parking at the State Park in winter?

Hmm, not sure...I've only landed there by kayak and not be car. That being said, the it does have a state boat ramp and it doesn't say online that there is no winter access.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jan 5 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, not sure...I've only landed there by kayak and not be car. That being said, the it does have a state boat ramp and it doesn't say online that there is no winter access.

Rye Harbor State Park and the state marina are not "open" off season, but not sure what that actually means for just finding a place a park and putting a kayak in. Anyone else familiar enough with the area to know?

Rye Harbor State Park and the state marina are not "open" off season, but not sure what that actually means for just finding a place a park and putting a kayak in. Anyone else familiar enough with the area to know?

I don't know, but doubt anyone will care. I assume the coast has much less snow so plowing might not even be an issue, unlike here where I have about 3 feet of snow in the yard. If no go in Rye you can drive a few miles up and use Ordione.

Not sure where I will be, but will listen and call on 72 if in area.

Ed Lawson

I don't know, but doubt anyone will care. I assume the coast has much less snow so plowing might not even be an issue, unlike here where I have about 3 feet of snow in the yard. If no go in Rye you can drive a few miles up and use Ordione.

Not sure where I will be, but will listen and call on 72 if in area.

Ed Lawson

Let's meet at Rye Harbor at 11am and if it's a no go, we'll head north. :)

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jan 6 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's meet at Rye Harbor at 11am and if it's a no go, we'll head north. :)

Sounds good. I can be reached at 978-257-2262 if needed. I believe Gillian's # is lurking somewhere around these pages. I'll find it before I leave home.