Seal Paddle on the Merrimack 10/20

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Oct 16 2007, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paddle from downtown NBPT towards Salisbury to see the seals basking on the rocks. Pace and distance at L2 level. L3 level for current, possible chop. Wetsuits required at a minimum. I'll post launch details later today.

Hi Kevin,

I would love to join you.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Oct 16 2007, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paddle from downtown NBPT towards Salisbury to see the seals basking on the rocks. Pace and distance at L2 level. L3 level for current, possible chop. Wetsuits required at a minimum. I'll post launch details later today.

Put in (butts in boats) at 11am at Cashman Park in NBPT.

Not sure if I can make it, but at what point do you make a go/no-go decision based on weather? Right now National Weather Service is calling for 60% chance of "heavy rain" for Saturday.

Kevin F

If it had to be canceled, it would be announced early Sat. morning.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Oct 17 2007, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it had to be canceled, it would be announced early Sat. morning.

I don't want you to get rained out, but if by chance you do cancel on Saturday and people want to go on Sunday, I think I'd be able to join you.

Gay

Hi Kevin,

I Haven't paddled from Cashman Park. Could you give directions to the Park? I willbe coming south on 95 into NBPT. Thank you.

Bob

Take Exit 57 for Rt 113 Newburyport. It is the first exit after going over the Merrimack.

Go left at the end of the exit.

Go 2 miles.

Take a left on Broad St which is just as you see the High School on the right. If you pass the school you have gone too far.

Go to the end of the road and take a right onto Merrimac St

Cashman park is about 100 yards on the left just after the office building.

BTW, if you miss Broad, that's okay, just take Warren St on left to end, then turn left onto Merrimac and then an immediate right into Cashman)

Brian

Weather looking better....I'll be there too.

You never know till you stand at the launch site. Example: Marine forecast went from benign to gale warning in last 24 hours. Not saying weather/conditions will be bad. Actually looks OK for later in day. Just a comment on how fast things can change and why folks who post trips have my sympathy sorting out go no-go decisions.

Imagine heading out for a three day trip on an exposed coast and having that happen.

Ed Lawson

Thanks for the great trip today. I posted some shots at the following address. www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsbydoug

See you all at Kevins 1st "dry suit" transition paddle......I hope

Doug