Sunday 9/16 - Level 3 - Looking for interest and location.

alcoons

Al;

I'll be on Orr's Island (Harpswell, mid-Casco Bay) again this weekend in case you want to join me for some paddling up there. If you want to work a SnG around that, feel free. Or if nothing pans out and you just want to come up. I can be reached weekdays at the office at 978-373-9336, and weekends (when I'm in Maine) at 207-833-0601.

Roger Turgeon

Night Heron; Cedar-strip

Tuck's Point over to Singing Beach for some moderate surf for those so inclined then to Kettle cove or possibly Gloucester Harbor-Norman's Woe and back to Tuck's via Ram or possibly Misery. If the group is small and we are discrete, end of season at Tuck's and the Singing Beach are possible.

Looks like Sunday might be a good day for a moderate level-3 paddle (3/3-). Life is just too busy for me to plan it right now, but seeking interest and ideas. Post here if you can.

Thanks,

Al

cetus

red/white

Al,

Have some plans in the works and will most likely post Fri evening.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Sep 14 2007, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thinking about York and heading north. Anyone interested?

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1318162

I've done that paddle. York Harbor has a decent launch. On street parking should be OK now that it's basically off season. Heading North as you have suggested brings you along Long Beach and past the Nubble. If you head South towards Gerrish, it will provide you with a more rocky coastline with some boomers to play around if there is swell. Also, the mouth of the York River can be a fun spot if there is any swell.

The launch area at the York town docks is nice. This summer I did from York down to Brave Boat, then in and around Gerrish and back along the coast. It was quite calm that day, but it is a paddle with a fair bit of variety and the potential for doing some fun stuff. It depends on what you want, etc., but I agree with Bill that going south is more varied and interesting than going north. Visiting Nubble Light area has its charm, but its a bit boring getting there.

The current runs pretty good in York Harbor with all that entails, but given all the symposiums lately should be just mild fun for those who attended. so timing with tides warrants some thought. You can get to Brave Boat in an hour easy and through Chauncey at least an hour before high tide, but more fun to ride the tide out of Chauncey and Portsmouth harbor unless you are into exercise.

Ed