Mystic Practice, Tues Aug 21 -- On

djlewis

Mystic practice is on for this Tuesday at 5:30. All levels welcome -- instruction or just messing around.

It's possible that we can do some rolling instruction, especially for those who have already been working on it already, at least hip snaps and such. Slots for that are limited, so post here if interested.

It will be a tad cooler that then sunny summer days we've been having. So if you plan to get wet -- and you should -- bring a paddling jacket, light top or something to keep the chill off after being in the water.

--David.

Mystic practice is on for this Tuesday at 5:30. All levels welcome -- instruction or just messing around.

It's possible that we can do some rolling instruction, especially for those who have already been working on it already, at least hip snaps and such. Slots for that are limited, so post here if interested.

If anyone is interested in getting some help with Greenland rolling, or improving non-Greenland sweep rolls by learning to make the rolls more efficient, I'd be happy to come along Miriam this Tuesday. Please let me know with a response on the board this evening.

Ralph

Dave - I did the Karen/Bob rolling class last summer, but was never able to roll. I'd sure like to seek whatever help anyone could give me tomorrow night. FWIW, I was told that my lack of flexibility made me no candidate for the C-to-C roll, but I might be able to do a sweep.

Thanks - John Gamel

Hi David,

I spent several hours in the rinse cycle today playing in Chatham's new national seashore breach. A usable roll would have have made it all the more fun.

I'll definitely be looking to work on my roll tomorrow, assuming I can sneak out of work after being out since Thursday. :-)

-John

It will be a tad cooler that then sunny summer days we've been having. So if you plan to get wet -- and you should -- bring a paddling jacket, light top or something to keep the chill off after being in the water.

--David.

Hi DJ.

Great session last week, and this week's promises to be right up my alley.

John, I hear ya...methinks it's a sweep for me, too.

Water temp has dropped only to the low 70s at Mystic, but note that any participants are always welcome to accompany me back to my house 1/2 mi away for changing to dry clothes and a hot capuccino and whatever gourmet leftovers Ellen has around.

Ern

Dave, et al - work has raised its ugly head this morning, putting me out on the street looking for a person when I should be with you this afternoon. :(

Ernie...I hope the fluorescent tape is working for you. JG

We will not do rolling today -- but next week is a good possibility. Instead, we'll work more on hip snaps and on support strokes (bracing), all of which is very relevant for rolling and good preparation.

If interested, please let me know (on the message board in a topic I will post, or by e-mail -- djlewis at triadic dotty commie) so we know how many instructors to schedule. Teaching rolling requires quite a bit more 1-1 interaction than strokes, rescues, etc.

--David