hobie sit on top....

rick stoehrer

Give Brad a holler at NESC. They sell quite a lot of them, and I have heard him mention they are very popular and that the mirage drive system is very well designed. You could probably even get one out for a demo.

Give Brad a holler at NESC. They sell quite a lot of them, and I have heard him mention they are very popular and that the mirage drive system is very well designed. You could probably even get one out for a demo.

Why do I have this irresistable urge to smile?

I friend of mine owns one and let me paddle/peddle it last year. My buddy is not a serious kayaker and just bought a couple for him and his girlfriend for casual use at one of the local lakes---My friend's boat also came with a sailing rig which I didn't try. It was kind of fun to zip back and fourth across the local anchorage without using a paddle but these boats were not designed for rough water or high winds---also absolutly no storage on them, not suitable for expeditions or for day use in conditions---the same folks who would paddle recreational kayaks would be interested in these boats.

Why do I have this irresistable urge to smile?

my aunt wants a kayak and is all hopping ot get one cause she saw folks paddling at the beach and boy don't it look like fun....as she has been my aunt for a long, long time, i know she won't take the time to learn all the things that should / could / would be done and this big, wide, stable double person swim/dive platform was the was the least of the possible evils i could sort out.

my aunt wants a kayak and is all hopping ot get one cause she saw folks paddling at the beach and boy don't it look like fun....as she has been my aunt for a long, long time, i know she won't take the time to learn all the things that should / could / would be done and this big, wide, stable double person swim/dive platform was the was the least of the possible evils i could sort out.

Oh...Ok...Its not the new Stoehrer play toy? :)

Miriam and I took a double for a tour on St. Croix, using paddles ~50% of the time and the pedals the rest of the time. Big and heavy, but kind of fun to use. The drive mechanism is quite clever and the guide who was used to it could move along pretty well. We found the double required the rudder for steering; we couldn't get it to track straight when paddling without the rudder. I would think that it would be suitable for any conditions a comparable sit-on-top would be capable of handling.

Ralph