Portsmouth to Rye Harbor June 10

EEL

This past Sunday I kept thinking the paddle from Pierce Island was pleasant and would be nice later in the season. Looking at tides, this seems a good day for wandering out to the coastline via Little Harbor on the ebbing tide, down to Rye Harbor for a nice picnic lunch at low tide, then up the coast, and riding the flood back to Pierce. Around 15 NM total with launch time at 10 AM and back by around 4PM. Typical Timid Paddler go no go conditions of winds @15Kts and seas of @ 3'. If you have not paddled this area, its nice trip with a little something for most interests.

Ed Lawson

• 2 months later...

Posted this back in March and now off "radar screen" so this update. Typically a nice trip with a good variety of paddling. If the sea mild makes for a nice introduction to paddling on the coast. Timid Paddler conditions limit to be based on Western Shelf buoy off York (GoMOOS BO1) and what we see that morning. Will cancel if raining at launch and no relief in sight or conditions obviously over limit. E-Mail me if you want to be notified of last minute news.

Ed Lawson

• 2 weeks later...

>Wondering if this trip still on? Same time, same place?

Yes. Same Bat channel, same Bat time. Be prepared to pay launch fee at Pierce Island which I believe is $5. Whether they are collecting, I do not know. Forecast now is well within Timid Paddler limits. May well go down river/harbor for a fast start and back via Little Harbor.

FYI: When I post a trip, it is going to happen (as regardless I will be there pondering the sanity of launching) unless I post a cancellation the night before.

Ed Lawson

Me too.

Bill

Anas Acuta...White/White, Red Trim.

Avocet...Quill/White, Black Trim.

Avocet...Yellow Poly

Mega Cyclone...lots of colors