Symposium Bound?

EEL

I'll be doing 4* Fri and Sat, rock gardening Sun, and tidal currents Mon. And with any luck I'm not the only one there, other than some of the coaches and Aqua Terra employees, who actually lives in Maine! WoooHooo, its gonna be great FUN! And after spending the day yesterday in the surf at Popham (bigbig fun!), I think I'll be bringing my drysuit. Planning on getting there around noon on Thurs, would definately be interested in a Thurs afternoon/evening paddle if anyone else is up for it.

Gary

> We're taking 4* Friday and

>Saturday, rock gardens Sunday, and currents on Monday.

Man, if you are not tired puppies by Monday night you folks are some heavy hitters. Hopefully I will meet you at the Lobster fest, which is more my speed, and tales will abound.

Ed Lawson

I'll be there for Fri and Sat classes, looking to camp Thu-Sat nights. It's pretty clear there's lots of space in the various local campgrounds, but I'd rather camp near kayakers than, say, bikers ...

Judging from the message board so far, a few (at least) plan to camp at Mout Desert Campground ... so, is that the place to go, or are some of you (who are camping) going to the alternatives (Seawall, Lamoine)?

Thanks,

Judy

I have been (very) sick for over a week, and must wait and see how I feel on Friday before deciding whether I can go. I will miss Friday in any event , so I can't do the four star training, which requires two days. Hoping for fun with currents, and rock gardening, at least.

Peter

There are four that I know of going from the Albany, NY area. I have at least two other friends going (one from NH and one from MA.)

I doing Traditional (Greenland) am and pm on Friday, Canoe Safety Test on Saturday, Navigation I on Sunday, and Tides & Currents on Monday.

In case someone has not yet heard: In addition to the previously announced coaches, Tom Bergh will be present.

>I'll be there as well...

Are you coming from Montreal for just those four days or will you be about for longer? Staying at your favorite campground?

I will ask Mel if she is putting up a message board so folks could make it easier to contact one another.

Ed Lawson

I'll just be there for the four days, have to work sometime...I rented a little cabin for my stay this time, I will be arriving late thursday and putting up a tent at 11 pm was less than tempting. By the way I am planning another couple of weeks on the island next summer if you are interested...

Dan

Once more upon the waters! yet once more!

And the waves bound beneath me as a steed

That knows his rider.

Lord Byron

> Anyone wanna start an Anas Acuta

>owners support group?

There seem to be more AA people than I thought. I wonder how many folks out there actively use their AA?

If the support group provided "relationship counselling" regarding the AA, I'd join in heartbeat.

Ed Lawson

An Anas acuta support group: hmmm, not sure that sounds quite right, as AA owners probably don't need much support, all of which is provided by knowing they're astride the baddest ride yet to have creased the ocean. Anas cuta Elite Guard? Anas acuta Commissars of Quirk? ( okay, enough: I've gotta get well soon, get off the keyboard and back into the H20)

Oh yeah, I'll be in the AA. It's the only boat I have paddled since I got it. It's all I think about. I think I may have a "problem". So the support group may be just what I need.

> I think I

>may have a "problem". So the support group may be just what

>I need.

Hmmmm. Sounds like you have found my description to you accurate.

When out of it, you just think about getting inside again don't you?

Ed Lawson

Yes, I'm camping. Bob Cornell & Jason Fouser also. I'm planning to stay at MT Desert Campground on RT 198. I have camped there a lot and recomend it: it's on the upper sound, has tent platforms (great if it rains) and well maintained bathrooms- hot showers $1. I was there for 2 weeks earlier in Aug. Owen (the manager) said it should be no problem getting a site for the symposium

http://www.mountdesertcampground.com/

Dana