Friday, 5/24/24

Jim Snyder

I'm doing it a little differently this time. I'm posting for Friday with nice predicted weather and mild ocean conditions. I'm looking to assemble a group that wants to paddle and we'll plan the trip together. I have some possible venues in mind. Let me know here if you want to join and we'll start a group message. If you're looking for some practice planning, this is a good way.

Hoping to pull in a couple more before planning a venue. This paddle will be in New Hampshire or Maine.

I love the idea, Jim, but I have to pick up my granddaughter Fri for the long weekend.  

The launch for this trip is now Pine Point in Scarborough, hoping to visit Richmond Island. Let me know if you want to be added to the group message. 

I’m a maybe.  I have a contractor at my house and  I may need to be here for decision making.    Could you please put me on your planning list?  Also, this will be my first ocean paddle of the season, though I’ve been paddling on my pond.  I was interested in a paddle of modest length, like 8 ish miles.  What is everyone’s idea of venue and length?

We're likely changing the launch to Crescent Beach to give us more time to explore Richmond. This would make a trip of under 8nm possible, whereas from Pine Point we'd likely be over 12nm.

I'm planning on rescheduling this trip due to an increase in wind forecast. Thanks for your interest.