New to Sea Kayaking Workshop - Saturday April 20, 2024

Jeff Charette

NSPN will be holding its annual New to Sea Kayaking Workshop at Winter Island Park, 50 Island Road, Salem, MA.  This event is designed to be beneficial to a wide audience, from those who have never paddled any kind of boat, to others who maybe paddle calm locations to white water.  Regardless of your experience, if you are interested in knowing more about sea kayaking this is a great opportunity.  At the workshop, we will discuss what sea kayaking is about, look at various boats, paddles, other gear, clothing, safety equipment, and more.  It is free and open to the general public - membership is not required, but for those who want to join the club, cost is $15 for 12 months.  Workshop details:

Current club members who wish to help out with this event, either presenting, loaning equipment (boats!!), or just helping to set up/take down, please Message me and we will discuss.

• mhabich changed the title to New to Sea Kayaking Workshop - Saturday April 20, 2024
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all the presenters and helpers who put this together. I found it very informative. It's a big help to have someone explain all the pieces and tradeoffs (e.g., what are all those pieces of clothing and when would you wear them) which you don't get from a web site. Really appreciate the effort to put this together!

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

I too would like to thank all that organized/facilitated. Nice to have an opportunity to meet even more members and benefit from the collective wealth of experience. Especially appreciated the last topic on recommendations on the minimum pieces of safety gear to start out with.