A Special Thanks: Trip Planning Workshop March 2024

Hi All,

I am extending a big thanks to Joe Berkovitz for the in-person trip planning workshop he developed and presented 3/2 and 3/9 2024.  This special thanks is not only from me, but on behalf of all the membership !

Participants were engaged in both the lecture format and the hands-on activities... and oh, did I mention the homework !  Paper charts, laminated charts, Floating Trails (floatingtrails.com) and handheld compasses were used, and through small working groups many possible trips were outlined. 

I also want to extend a thank you to all the participants.  I could see the wheels turning in their heads and was appreciative of their efforts.  I would be remiss if I didn't mention and thank the several folks who spontaneously brought food, which helped to keep those wheels turning.

If you attended this workshop, or missed the opportunity, and want to engage in additional trip planning study, go to Trip Planning Workbook, which can be located under "Paddling with NSPN" in the drop down menu.  This workbook is extensive and a bit daunting initially, yet if you pick your way through a little at a time, you will master the intent of the material.  I say the "intent of the material" as there were a few exercises, when I spent time tackling the material, where I was unsure of the accuracy of my answers !  Remember, competency is possible and attainable, perfection is not !

It's all good that ends well,

Sue

Sue,

Thank you so much Sue, and a big thank you to all the participants who lent their time and energy to this event! It was a great pleasure for me. If there are future iterations of this course, I know they will benefit from everything that I learned from you all this time around.

Joe