#11 Lobster Buoy Car-Camping Weekend, Inter-club event with NSPN and SMSKN, August 11-13, 2023

gyork

PLEASE DO NOT RSVP ON NSPN CALENDAR UNTIL YOU HAVE SENT YOUR PAYMENT. 

Come join us for this inaugural inter-club kayak camping event with NSPN and SMSKN. Home Base will be Lobster Buoy Campsites in S. Thomaston, Maine, gathered at the Group Site. Arrive Friday, leave Sunday (or stay longer if you like). Paddling options abound: NE to Owls Head, SE to Muscle Ridge, or SW to Port Clyde. These trips are not appropriate for beginners. Minimal skills to participate include wet exit, self and assisted rescue, and previous experience in ocean paddling with conditions of wind up to 15K, waves to 2 feet, and crossings up to 2.0M.  I will set a limit FOR THE GROUP SITE ONLY. Your spot will be secured when I receive payment ([$11 per person + $7 per car]/NITE) X 1.09 (tax; most will pay $39.24) via paypal (PREFERRED; gyork at tdsdotnet) or check (private message me). 

If you prefer a private site, contact campground directly (280 Waterman Beach Rd, South Thomaston, ME 04858 Phone: (207) 594-7546).

PLEASE DO NOT RSVP ON NSPN CALENDAR UNTIL YOU HAVE SENT YOUR PAYMENT. 

You will receive full refund for your trip only if you cancel before 9 PM. on August 1,  OR CHOOSE TO DONATE (ANY AMOUNT) TO ELLIE /LOBSTER BUOY CAMPSITES.

IMGP1483.thumb.jpg.0580eabad575d450b92c278d20d37fe5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gary, I will happily participate again this summer although I will not be staying at the campground. Okay by you?

Thanks, Gary. I have signed a NSPN waiver before. Is it necessary to sign one for each outing? Or annually? I don't see a link in your post that leads to a waiver form. 

I will consult with Lobster Buoy about a launch fee and take care of it. 

10 minutes ago, John Harkey said:

I have signed a NSPN waiver before. Is it necessary to sign one for each outing? Or annually? I don't see a link in your post that leads to a waiver form. 

Once a year is enough.  You last signed in May, so you're all set.  You can check when you last signed by clicking on your name to go to your profile.

PA is at https://www.waiverfile.com/b/NorthShorePaddlersNetwork/Waiver.aspx?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nspn.org%2Fwaiver%2F

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I will not be able to make the trip as my wife and I will be visiting our daughter in Alaska instead.

So I am giving my spot to whoever is interested.

Sorry to miss this trip but we had no other option to see our daughter in Alaska this summer.

I hope that someone will take my spot, I will see you all another time.

Best regards

Phil Gassin