Sunday, June 12 Odiorne to Rye for ?Lobster Rolls

prudenceb

Conditions look favorable for a 9:30 am LAUNCH at Odiorne.  Since it's after Memorial Day, I'm assuming the food stands at Rye Harbor will be open for a lobster roll - or whatever floats your boat - lunch.  Followed by a well-fed paddle back to the launch.  Opportunities for rock play and some sufing (although that's not the main point of the trip - the food is!), so...helmets!

Even though it's June, the water is still cold, so dress accordingly.  Boats with bulkheads, spray skirts required.

Odiorne requires parking reservations, which shouldn't be left to last minute.

https://newhampshirestateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/odiorne-point-state-park/r/deDetails.do?contractCode=NH&parkId=270106

Please post interest here.  Ten paddler limit.  (Note: this is a different trip than the one Rob Folster posted for Odiorne the day before!)

Prudence

Edited by prudenceb

Good morning, I would like to go on this kayaking trip, I'm considered to be a level 3 kayaker and I'm not sure if I can jump in on this trip. I emailed to the original posting and have not received any response back. Thanks Richard    Also is the trip on the 11th or the 12th? The first post listed it on the 11th.

Edited by rblais57@gmail.com
info

4 minutes ago, rblais57@gmail.com said:

Good morning, I would like to go on this kayaking trip, I emailed to the original posting and have not received any response back. Thanks Richard    Also is the trip on the 11th or the 12th? The first post listed it on the 11th.

Hi, Richard.  Sorry for the confusion.  There are two different trips out of Odiorne this weekend.  There is a Saturday 6/11 trip posted by Rob Folster for less experienced paddlers.  Mine is for Sunday 6/12 and will be on the less protected area and will be a longer trip.

prudence

12 minutes ago, mbhazeltine said:

Prudence - I am hoping to join this paddle - I need to work out details regarding watching my grand-daughter but hoping to make it.

Hope it works out!  It'll be good to see you!