#10 Lobster Buoy Car Camping Weekend, September 23-25, 2022

gyork

PLEASE DO NOT RSVP ON NSPN CALENDAR UNTIL YOU HAVE SENT YOUR PAYMENT.

Come out and camp/paddle during prime time! Home Base will be Lobster Buoy Campsites in S. Thomaston, Maine, gathered at the Group Site. Arrive Friday, leave Sunday. Paddling options abound: NE to Owls Head, SE to Muscle Ridge, or SW to Port Clyde. These trips are not appropriate for beginners. Minimal skills to participate include wet exit, self and assisted rescue, and previous experience in ocean paddling with conditions of wind up to 15K, waves to 2 feet, and crossings up to 2.0M.  I will set the limit to 16 FOR THE GROUP SITE ONLY. Your spot will be secured when I receive payment ([$10 per person + $6 per car]/NITE) X 1.09 (tax) via paypal (PREFERRED; gyork at tdsdotnet) or check (private message me). 

If you prefer a private site, contact campground directly, not before mid-May (280 Waterman Beach Rd, South Thomaston, ME 04858 Phone: (207) 594-7546).

PLEASE DO NOT RSVP ON NSPN  calendar UNTIL YOU HAVE SENT YOUR PAYMENT. 

IN THE EVENT THAT AN ACT OF MOTHER NATURE PROHIBITS THIS TRIP, FULL REFUNDS RETURNED IMMEDIATELY, OR CHOOSE TO DONATE (ANY AMOUNT) TO ELLIE /LOBSTER BUOY CAMPSITES.

LB.jpg.b403be78910610b3e5eb871e128a7976.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Phil Gassin said:

Hi Gary how can I register for this trip? It looks like I need to pay for the campground, how do si do that?

phil

In description above:  Your spot will be secured when I receive payment ([$10 per person + $6 per car]/NITE) X 1.09 (tax) via paypal (PREFERRED; gyork at tdsdotnet) or check (private message me)

I just spoke with Lobster Buoy.  I'll be arriving Thursday evening and they said I could camp at the group site. I'll pay the private rate for that night. If anyone else wants to arrive then, let me know.

I also asked about a cooking grill. We can build a fire in the fire ring and get a rack to place over it at the office if one is not there.

Showers require quarters.

Liz

On 9/14/2022 at 11:25 AM, eneumeier said:

I just spoke with Lobster Buoy.  I'll be arriving Thursday evening and they said I could camp at the group site. I'll pay the private rate for that night. If anyone else wants to arrive then, let me know.

I also asked about a cooking grill. We can build a fire in the fire ring and get a rack to place over it at the office if one is not there.

Showers require quarters.

Liz

Hi Liz,

I called the campground and I am arriving Thursday night as well. I'll also pay for private that evening. 

Debra Hodgkins

Edited by Debra Hodgkins

Joyce:

I have no dog in this hunt as not attending and others have more expertise, but some sources of info you may want to consider.

If you go to the NOAA Gray Maine website, under marine forecasts you will find options for point forecasts and graphical wave forecasts.

With these you can get a better view of what conditions will be like at a given location within the broad zone forecast area.

Note the winds are NW which limits the fetch on the west side of the bay.

The above not meant to suggest everything will be fine, just sources of info you might find helpful in making a decision about when and where to paddle.

Ed Lawson