Status of Odoirne 500 Ocean Blvd, Rye NH

Ken

Anyone know that status of the launch and parking at 500 Ocean Blvd, Rye NH?

A friend of mine in the Portland ME area just go into kayaking and I thought it might be a nice place to meet halfway for a paddle.  I don't know what the deal with with restrictions and parking and whether it is open now.

-Ken

Odiorne is open now.  The website says only Friday-Sunday.  Reservations snd advance payment  required for parking.  Not sure if when season ramps up they'll open up and require parking reservations every day of the week, as they did last year.  It's a very nice place to launch, but at low tide can be a muddy slog to the water.

Prudence

Edited by prudenceb

Thanks for the response.  I did paddle there in an NSPN level-2 paddle (6/23/2019) that Rob led and liked the location.  I recalled there was plenty of parking and I don't recall any place to pay but I guess it's changed.

-Ken

23 hours ago, Ken said:

Thanks for the response.  I did paddle there in an NSPN level-2 paddle (6/23/2019) that Rob led and liked the location.  I recalled there was plenty of parking and I don't recall any place to pay but I guess it's changed.

-Ken

Yes, Covid changed things as far as reservations/payment concerned...

There always was an Iron Ranger there and usually envelopes on the honor system. If they had staff they would have a worker at the gate collecting.