Southernmost Maine

So I'm starting to plan an adventure... an adventure that won't start until September at the earliest (to give me time to get my rolling and rescue skills up to snuff, and oh yeah, that quarantine thing) and which will then continue over several years.... I want to paddle the whole coast of Maine, in order, south to north. 

It seems like one of the very hardest things to plan is the very beginning. I'm happy to do most of the stuff south of Portland as day trips, but still, that first day... do you have to go all the way from Portsmouth to Wells, or is there any way to break that up?? The MITA app doesn't show any intermediary takeouts. On a really calm day, I could do that full distance, but it would be nice to not have to commit to that. Any advice from people who know the area would be much appreciated! 

Also, in the meantime, if there are any fellow NH residents looking to get out for a socially-distant paddle, hit me up! 

Regarding Portsmouth to Wells, you could break this up nicely with a stop at Cape Neddick Campground. As of last year there was a $10 fee. Are you planning to do these all as shuttles?