Foot-peg help needed...

Pintail

Is there anyone here who has experience with those plastic foot-peg sets that have runners each side of the kayak, black plastic, with the red release levers that lock the pegs in place?  Pegs are released by turning the red lever locking devices and my newest boat came with stupid foam blocks (that nasty, hard stuff that washes up on beaches) instead of proper closed-cell foam.  He gave me the foot-pegs separately, with the tracks already in place and now I cannot install the things...

I'm certain it ought to be utterly simple; but I am at my wits' end!

005.jpg

Edited by Pintail

Is this something you have already done, Jim?  I have the near end free; but do I really <need> to remove the other -- it's awfully far away and in a very constricted space.  If this is so, then I'm going to need child labour to crawl inside!  Oy, vey...

I had this experience with my vintage Explorer. The rail mounting screw ends trapped the pegs. These look very much like the ones on my Cetus. It looks like you should be able to slide them in with the front disconnected. I bet there's a receiver that the end of that red paddle has to socket into. You could tape your phone to a paddle and send it in there to video the other end. In the worst case, Mike Habich might fit in there...?

I just sent my phone into the Cetus. The end of the paddle sockets into the peg body. It seems like if the paddle and the peg are assembled properly you should be able to slide it in then trap the aft end of the paddle shaft with the end cap.