Portland to Peaks Island via ??? Sunday July 2

prudenceb

This trip has several goals: 1) To allow participants to eat ice cream on Peaks Island; 2) to allow co-leader Cathy Folster to take us to a beach where we hope to spend some time searching for sea glass; and 3) to allow co-leaders Cathy and Prudence to work on leadership skills.  Oh, and to allow all of us to have a fun day on the water (goes without saying...).  Although it will be July, water will still be cold, so attention will have to be given to the weather as far as dressing and gear are concerned.

This will be a led trip; it will not follow a CAM model.   We are limiting it to 10 participants in addition to leaders.  If you are interested or have questions, please post here or PM Cathy or Prudence.  Details will follow as we guage interest.

Prudence and Cathy

3 hours ago, Karen Volkman said:

Where would you be launching from and about what time?
Thanks 

Karen, specific details about launch will be provided to folks who sign up for trip.  It will be somewhere in or near Portland, likely around 10 am-ish.

8 hours ago, Rob Hazard said:

Pru and Cathy,

Do you still have room for participants?

I haven't been to Peaks in years, and I do love ice cream!

Yes - we're up to seven people now, I believe.  Love to have you along, Rob!

Ice cream aficionados and sea glass hunters - so glad you are joining us!  I'm looking forward to a great day on the water.  Full disclosure - I found a good sea glass beach on a trip there a couple years ago - by accident.  I'm only hoping I can find it again - so it is a treasure hunt!

Prudence and I have discussed and decided to cap the trip at our current count of 8 people instead of the original 10. 

We will start a wait list - so please do contact us if you're interested.

3 hours ago, Joseph Berkovitz said:

I am interested - I guess I missed the window (I was out of town last week and didn't check the forums) so please let me know if there is a cancellation...

Joe, you are on the list already as you expressed interest verbally earlier!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself.

I am a friend of John and Kelsey Oltz, I met John last year in early July when I bought my first Kayak. Well I got hooked quite fast and started getting some paddling time in with John and Kelsey. Within a month I picked up another boat and was enjoying a sport I had never even thought of trying before. I live in Kennebunk ME and have access to the ocean just over a mile from my house, so if anyone ever wants to paddle Kennebunk -Kennebunkport we have a fairly good spot to stage.

John was kind enough to ask me to come along and spend the day paddling out to Peaks with the group from NSPN.

I look forward to meeting all of you this Sunday.

Cheers,

Dave R.