Dry Top Suggestions

SeaKayakNE

Hey Folks,

Now that the water temperatures seem to be on a incline I'm in the market for a drytop/splashtop for both Kelsey and myself.  I'd prefer short sleeve.  The kokatat trinity looks nice but expensive, which doesn't take it off the list but want to see what you guys think of it.

Jonathan 

The Trinity is a real dry top (hence more $$) with drysuit -type neck and arm gaskets,and the Knappster is a semi -dry top. Yes, the Knappster is  awesome as the go-to warm weather paddling top; that's  if you're looking for a warm weather paddling top that won't keep you bone dry but  comfortable enough for the vast majority of our warm weather paddling. .If you require that extra protection, the Trinity would be good. I've found that I'm fine in either a drysuit or the Knappster,  and go right from drysuit  to the semi dry top when weather turns warmer. : the only exception is summer season rough -water paddling like tide race play where theres a very good chance of capsizing or being in the water  , or on unusually raw summer days: then a  drytop might be  preferable to the semi dry top.  

I have a Lotus Design/Patagonia short sleeve dry (latex gaskets at neck and sleeves) that I bought years ago and wore only a few times. Size Medium. If you want to try it, I''ll sell it for $25. It is a breathable fabris, but not Gortex. PM me if interested. Liz

• 2 weeks later...