Rack for Prius

eneumeier

I am about to purchase a new Prius and although the website says cross bars are an option, http://www.toyota.com/configurator/#!/build/step/accessory/year/2016/series/prius/model/1227/exteriorcolor/03T7/interiorcolor/EA20/packages/option7/accessories/

the dealer is telling me they are not.  Has anyone gotten a Prius with factory- or dealer-installed crossbars?

What rack works best on a Prius?

Liz

5 hours ago, JaneC said:

I have a 2008 Prius.  I was not aware of racks at the time.  I have a basic Thule. We had old bars so I just needed the feet

Same here - Thule rack on our 2013 Prius.  Works great for us.

5 hours ago, JaneC said:

I have a 2008 Prius.  I was not aware of racks at the time.  I have a basic Thule. We had old bars so I just needed the feet

Same here - Thule rack on our 2013 Prius.  Works great for us.

Somewhere around here I have rusty Thule bars, feet, cradles, etc. Maybe I should dig them out.

I bought a new Thule set up, with Aero bars, but they are "stripped" and I don't know if I can get them off my current car. 

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

We have the Thule areobars on our 2011 Prius and our 2012 Prius V.  The ones on the V stay on all summer.  Minimal noise and milage penalty.  Well work the investment.  Look on craigslist for the bars and feet then get the fit kit.