Walden Wednesday - Starts June 1, 2016

billvoss

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les, for whatever it's worth, I spoke to friend who swims there and he said it has warmed up considerably.  He's wearing wet suit to swim but said he saw a woman just in bathing suit.  What all this means is that drysuit probably not necessary but wetsuit probably is...

I hope to be there as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I plan to be there again tonight (6/29).  Haven't missed a week yet!  Posting because weather hourly forecast currently says chance of thunder drops from 30% at 5pm to <10% chance from 6pm on.  See you there!

Everyone should check the Walden twitter feed this afternoon re whether the park is full or not.  With hottest day of year forecast and wall to wall sun, we just might not be the only ones wanting to play in the water after work today!

As of around 4 pm, Walden is at capacity,and not opening again until 5:30 pm.  Given that there will likely be a lineup of cars and that it will take time to unload boats and get dressed etc, not realistic to get on water until 6 pm, leaving only an hour before having to get out and load boats again.  This assuming there will be enough spaces in boat launch lot.  So I'm going to take a pass on tonight.  

As I suspected from prev experience,  walden boat parking lot is half empty although the main lots r closed.  The attendant let me in.  If anyone is already driving to walden,  stay w ur plan

yong

You are lucky, Yong.  I had a friend waiting for me in the lot last year, with lots of parking spaces at the boat launch, but the gate was closed.  Even knowing that there were spaces to park, and someone was waiting for me, the attendant would not let me in and was rather rude.  I've given up going to Walden on nice, hot summer days.  It's not worth my drive to be turned away, especially with parking spots at the boat ramp.  I wonder if they have changed their policy, or it's the luck of the draw (you either get a nice, reasonable attendant, or the one I had last year).  I'm not willing to drive for an hour to find out.  I hope you had fun.  It is a good night to get wet!

Nancy

It was a good night.  I followed Yong's advice and showed up around 5:15.  New attendant at the gait who wouldn't let me in. But then he said I could get in if I was handicapped.  My lucky day as I have a placard. So let it be known HP placard gets you in, just hang it before you get there.  There was plenty of room and Phil got in after they opened the gaits