CANCELLED - Lanes Cove to Rockport Saturday December 12

prudenceb

Forecast is for sunny and 60 this wknd. How many more days like that will there be before next spring?! If forecast holds, anyone want to take advantage? Maybe out of Lane's Cove, since there seem to have been a number of Odiorne trips in a row?

Please post interest here. If there is any, we can figure out where/which day/when.

pru

Looks as though Saturday is the more popular day, so Saturday it will be. This is an L4 trip given the time of year and water temperature. Dry suits required. This trip will require a minimum of THREE paddlers, which we appear to have now.

Please PM me float plan info and confirmation of your firm commitment to join the trip. If by tmrw night (Friday ) we don't have a sufficient number of paddlers, trip will be cancelled, and I will post to that effect.

But weather forecast is still great, and it should be a rare December gift!

Meet at Lane's Cove by 10 am for a 10:15 - 10:30 BIB.

pru

Since I received no takers for Odiorne tomorrow I was going to join this group at Lanes, however checking the NOAA forecast I saw fog at 10AM and not clearing perhaps till 1PM. I'll be solo out of Odiorne tomorrow but not till noon. Anyone is welcome. I know that fog is welcomed by some who wish to practice their Nav skills. However with hidden reefs and rocks in this area Nav alone won't help you.