Spare dry suit

rfolster

I have been putting off getting a spare dry suit because the first one was expensive enough. Following a wise suggestion, Cathy and I looked at a light weight suit that can double as a spare for either of us, or as a lighter alternative for warmer days that still require protection. The light weight suit is more reasonable in price, and with KTP's current sale, we got one almost half the cost of a standard front entry suit. Perfect timing as Cathy's suit is off being repaired and I just noticed that mine has to go in as well.

Just something to think about.

Though less secure than an actual drysuit or paddling suit, another approach is a dry top and paddling pants (with either socks or latex ankle gaskets). Wouldn't be my choice for a surf session, but it will keep you mostly dry for a bit of a swim.

best

Phil

So what exactly did you get?

Kokatat Lightweight Paddling Suit

I wore it on Sunday while Cathy wore a dry top and paddling pants with socks as Phil mentioned. We both ended up being plenty warm enough with our layers underneath, but neither of us took a swim. so further testing will be needed (I guess we need to go paddling again - aw shucks!)

Kokatat Lightweight Paddling Suit

I wore it on Sunday while Cathy wore a dry top and paddling pants with socks as Phil mentioned. We both ended up being plenty warm enough with our layers underneath, but neither of us took a swim. so further testing will be needed (I guess we need to go paddling again - aw shucks!)

Gee, if I'd known you were so eager to test your outfits, I would have been happy to push you both over in the tide race off Fishers! 50 degree water and some nice waves...it would have been a good test!

pru