Question about "LENDAL XRANGE 700"

Doug

Lost a paddle in the surf zone Saturday. Need a replacement. Has anyone had any experience with the Lendal XRANGE 700 paddle made by Lendal NA? I'd be curious on how it compared perhaps to the Werner Ikelos.

Doug

I picked up a carbon two piece 210cm early spring and it's been a great paddle. Coming from a Werner carbon Corryvrecken, which works great for short sessions, but not ideal for me as a touring blade. Really like the catch and feel of the xrange, solid and smooth with enough power to play but great as an all day paddle. Materials and build are excellent, but the finish isn't quite as perfect as a Werner. Haven't had it near any rocks, so not sure how it will hold up to a little abuse. Also picked up a two piece glass Cutback in the large size and it's been awesome for use with the surf kayak, tons of support for bracing and maneuvering.

Tried one out last spring as a potential replacement to Ikelos, liked it, but had a hard time dealing with the company, so went back to the Ikelos. They're really pretty similar. IMHO Lendal USA's having some birthing problems.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. Yes, your correct about Lendal NA going through growing pains with production and minor cosmetic resin imperfections. I have been happy with the Lendal Storm thus far. Strong construction and extremely smooth feel. Love the overall design but looking for a light larger volume paddle to replace the performance of the Werner Ikelos. I break too many of them to remain brand loyal.

Doug

I went through a few foam core Werners before getting my first Lendal. The foam core Werners paddle great, but I always seemed to wreck them after a few months. I had a old Lendal Kinetic that lasted years before I finally broke it. Hoping the new xrange will hold up for that long, paddles as well as a Ikelos but hopefully stronger. Tried a carbon Corryvrecken but just not the same. I've only had good interactions with the new Lendal company, I hope they can manage to stay in business, they make some great stuff.

Just replaced my lost Lendal "Storm" with another one. I compared the new "Storm" with the XRANGE 700 and found that they were in fact the same size but the "Storm" was lighter and more refined in design. My suspicion is the "Storm" replaced the XRANGE 700.

As an added note, I got 30% off this paddle at Charles Rover Canoe and Kayak. They still have a good number of paddles but an unofficial source said the 30% sale may end very soon because the Newton Boathouse may not have the need to liquidate because they found a new location down the street. This is good news. I hope it is true.

Doug

The Storm is a 680 blade, a little smaller than the 700 X-range. I love my Storm as an all round blade, although it feels sometimes almost too light. Just picked up a 210 Carbon Corryvrecken(for under 300$), curious how it'll serve me in lumpy stuff.

Edited by Inverseyourself