Is Lake Quannapowitt or Horn Pond good for training?

I may train some of my friends on kayaking. I love Chebacco Lake, but it is a little far away from most of my friends. Try to find another spot between Melrose and Woburn. I know people can kayak on lake Quannapowitt or Horn Pond. Not sure how good they are for practice like rolling and rescue.

Appreciate your help.

I don't know about those, but the walden sessions due to begin soon might fit the bill. Not too far from Woburn...

pru

Pru, thank you. I know Walden Pond is good, but a little far from my apartment.

In years past, some folks have had impromptu sessions in the Mystic lakes near the Tufts boat house. Not sure what the status of water quality is these days.

best

Phil

Mystic lakes will do it if the water is not bad. Thanks for the information.

For years REI had their yearly kayak demo event at Horn Pond in Woburn . I never attended, but would presume that if Horn pond worked for an event of that kind ( lots of kayaks and people in and out of the water ) it would be a good spot for rolling and rescue practice as well .

Peter, thank you so much.

For years REI had their yearly kayak demo event at Horn Pond in Woburn . I never attended, but would presume that if Horn pond worked for an event of that kind ( lots of kayaks and people in and out of the water ) it would be a good spot for rolling and rescue practice as well .

Report Mystic lakes had some broken glass on the east side near the boathouse.

My left hard got cut by glass in the water while Johnathan, two other friends were practicing rescue and rolling. Nasty cut but just not too bad.

I had practiced many times at Chebacco lake without such problem.