Intro to Play Spots in Woods Hole, for the Ladies

Melissa Meyer

Some time ago I thought I'd float the idea of a trip / weekend of current play in Woods Hole (my backyard), just for the ladies.  Depending on the group's needs & wants, I had in mind: messing around with boat handling across strong eddy lines, surfing hydraulic waves behind a rock in strong current, exploring any of several tide races that set up in our area under various conditions, and potentially some downwind surfing.

I don't haunt the NSPN message board, but Josko keeps telling me to check out this & that on here.  Not even sure if this post will work.

So!  since it seems that interest is trickling around for the Ladies' Weekend, it's ON (weather permitting - but really, most weather will just modulate what we choose to do, not whether we do something at all).  Saturday, September 28  (also 29?  Would people want 2 days? There are plenty of different ways to spend a day around here), and you can stay in our house or camp in our yard if you wish.

If you want / intend to join us, please let me know.

Semi-relatedly -- I saw there was some interest in trying surfskis.  This year I've been logging many hours, miles, and races in a surfski.  They are downwind and fitness Fun Machines!  While I'm not opposed to letting folks try it while they're down here, my ski is not one of the more stable ones and also it could get gear-chaotic with most of the weekend being set up for sea kayak play.  However... Wesley Echols (of surfskiracing.com) and I were recently batting around the idea of jointly offering an intro-to-surfskis day.  If you (guy OR gal!) would be interested in this, again, let me know.  Thanks!

Melissa

I will hereby hand off  organizational issues:  so far, we're expecting Pru, Beth Sangree, Janet Lorang and Deb. Laurendeau. Jane, we can accomodate you with sleeping bag space in the (finished) basement or a lawn tent spot. let us know if that works.  I'll take that Friday off to paddle, so folks are welcome to arrive as early as Thursday p.m. 

Hi Melissa;

Looking forward to the "ladies" weekend! I'll be arriving Fri evening, and staying Sat nite as well if that's OK.  I'd love to give surf skiing another try, either this weekend or some other time.

Thanks!

Beth