P&H Delphin skeg repair question

I have a 150 Delphin. The skeg cord was pulled off the slider in surf and pulled through the entire tubing. I bought the boat used and it has a non-stretch thin nylon cord, no more than 1.5 mm in diameter. Feeding it back through the hole at the skeg end is not an option. 

Looking at Youtube, the 2007 version of the P&H skeg system uses a thin, pre-stretched Dyneema cord. Are other Delphin users using that or the very thin “laundry line” cord I found in my boat? If former, what diameter and how do you go about feeding it back into the tubing? I assume from the slider end. Any useful tips about specifics, also where to get the appropriate cord?

Would appreciate input.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by Inverseyourself

Andy,

That cord is standard on all their boats at this point unless you order the boat specifically with wire skeg.  Carl Ladd sells extra skeg line so I’d give him a call and get some.  He would also be able to tell you how to best replace the line but mynthougjt would be to get some thin wire to push through first and then pull the line trough the line sheath with is just pex tubing.

Jonathan

I just call P&H/Pyranha US for parts like this.  They're really helpful, ship same day, and don't even charge if it's their responsibility.  I'd replace the slider as well...it's only about $5, can fail, and it involves no additional labor when replacing the string.  Check the skeg pivot and bungee too.

I'd try using a shop vac to try to suck the string through the tube.  Haven't tried myself, but might work.

If you need any of the parts right now, I have all in stock.

• 8 months later...