NSPN Midwinter Party 1/20 is Fast Approaching!!

prudenceb

Midwinter Party, AKA Cabin Fever Breakout Party, Saturday, January 20, 6 pm -- Beverly Farms, MA

Hello everyone.  We hope everyone survived the arctic chill, and is ready to party to celebrate the pure ongoing-ness of winter!  As previous posts have said, the party will be at the home of a club member in Beverly Farms, MA.  Because it's a private home, we won't be posting the address on this site.  Any club member planning to come - and we hope that everyone is! - should RSVP on the club calendar.  On Monday, January 15, we will be sending out PM's to all who have signed up to give them address and directions.  Not to worry,  though.  If you haven't signed up by then, you will be sent the same information soon after you sign up.  One request:  folks who can carpool should consider doing so.  There will be parking for everyone, but that parking will be easier if we don't arrive on a one car/one person basis!

The party will feature great food - that all of us will provide! - great conversation, a slide show, and as always a raffle of fantastic items.  Among them:  trainings with John Carmody and Carl and Sam Ladd; private lessons donated by Kevin Beckwith and Bob Levine; a Peak UK pfd (very snazzy colors!) donated by Greg Paquin paddling jacket; and cool deck bag donated by Newbury Canoe and Kayak, amazing artwork by various talented club members -- and other cool stuff to help warm your winter!  We hope for good turnout and lots of raffle tickets sold so that we can make good donations to MITA, Maine Coastal Heritage Trust and Salem Sound Watch.  Your chance of winning any of this is ZERO if you don't come and participate!

Did I mention food?  If anyone wants to weigh in as to what they're bringing, feel free to do so on this thread:

Prudence is bringing a dessert.

Everyone should bring whatever adult or other beverages they enjoy imbibing at a party.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Prudence and Janice, The Party Tsarinas!

ps...the party house has cats, but theyll be locked away.  If you have allergy, plan accordingly!

I'll bring the usual. This year I think I'll make lobster/avocado maki and unagi /avocado (uno avo) maki.  
 If crabmeat/ avocado sushi is  traditionally called  "California maki" ,  then lobster /avocado maybe  ought to be called  "Maine maki" . But "Maine maki" just doesn't roll off the tongue right, so I'll call it "Muscongus maki".  

Reminder to all - this is a BYO party - meaning if you want a beverage adult or otherwise, you'll need to bring it.

That said, I am bringing coffee for the coffee maker for all to have.

I'm also bringing banana bread.

Oooh I am SO sorry that I will miss this fabulous affair! I am co-leading an intro winter camping trip this weekend, and it looks like the weather is co-operating (no -20 temps) so our trip is on... and I will be sleeping in the snow, dreaming of yummy potluck delights as I digest my freeze dried dinner. Please eat lots of goodies for me!