Apartments and where to store kayaks?

Hello All,

I am in the process of selling my house and moving into an apartment (condo rental actually) and I am a bit concerned about the kayak storage options I'll have at my new rental for the next 1-2 years. There is a basement at this place but I'm not sure there is very easy access to actually getting my two 17 foot kayaks into this specific basement. There is a small window access from the outside into this basement and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to navigate this window and finese my boats through this particular window. However, I'm tending to feel that I won't be so lucky once I start atttempting to actually do so.

Long story short, assuming I'm out of luck on this idea...what other ideas would other have regarding kayak storage for individuals living in an apartment situation. I've been searching around for storage facilities and I see that I could rent out a garage. But the cost of an entire garage seems a bit overkill for just fitting in a couple of kayaks. Anyone else ever been in a similar situation or have other ideas...I am really open to others suggestions!

Thanks

Dave

The roof of the car. I did that for a few years. For winter I would bring it to a relatives garage.

Others store them in the yard if option at the rental or in your garage space if you have.