Beautiful sea kayaking expedition

Inverseyourself

I found this on vimeo.com. What a beautiful, multi-facetted, refreshing journey on the sea! Gets me in the mood to start sea kayak camping. Looking forward to join the NSPN camping trips. At some point I'll approach the NSPN community to share their thoughts about basic camping gear needed.

Cut and paste: vimeo.com/balticsurge

Enjoy!

Andy

Edited by Inverseyourself

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure what the link is, but there was a really great thread posted perhaps a year ago with all kinds of great suggestions from NSPN folks on camping gear. I am sure you'd find it useful-if you do a quick search I'll bet it would come up.

Andy,

As Lorrie mentions there are many great threads pertaining to kayak camping. If you have a moment, you might enjoy reading the thread located in the General Message Board entitled, "Kayak Camping Frequently Asked Questions" started on March 9, 2013. The thread had "legs" with 73 replies and 1788 views.

At the time Pru and I were planning our "New to Kayak Camping' trips and the thread was seen as an opportunity for many NSPN paddlers to think about camping as an option to consider. Perhaps the thread was the catalyst which was needed, since the trips filled up very quickly and we all enjoyed the experience of camping together.

I hope you will consider camping. Remember it is important to obtain a membership in MITA ( Maine Island Trail Association) since the best camping sites are on MITA islands off the coast of Maine. When you become a MITA member you can obtain a guide book to all the camp sites. I have spent many enjoyable winter evening dreaming of camping on my favorite MITA islands.

Warren