Advice on Specific Spray Skirt

alcoons

Hi.

Have a gift certificate to REI I would like to use. After getting very good advice from NRS about various spray skirts and looking at the REI web site, the "Snap Dragon Glacier Trek Breathable EZ Skirt" caught my eye.

For those of you I have not already frightened while paddling, here are my specs:

Eddyline Nighthawk 16.

I have a squatty body (short torso).

I get hot easily.

Class 3+/4- with lots of skills from the old days of whitewater and lots more to learn.

Three season paddler who will be doing more class 4's but nothing outragous.

Thanks for your comments.

Al

Bob and I have the same Snapdragon skirt except with a plain neoprene tunnel. In fact, a lot of people in the club have them. I strongly recommend this skirt regardless of the tunnel. The textured, stretchy neoprene seems to be really abrasion resistant, and the bungy grabs coamings very well with very little leakage. When I have borrowed other people's skirts for one reason or another, I have been disappointed.

Hi Al,

I have the "Snap Dragon Glacier Trek Breathable EZ Skirt". I bought it this spring at REI. I haven’t used it a lot this year but I have been happy with it so far. As for how much cooler it is with the breathable tube I’ll have to wait till the summer is here to get a good idea.

Fred