Thanksgiving Leftovers Paddle : Saturday Nov. 30th Tucks Point, Manchester

PeterB

Weather permitting, is anyone game for a Thanksgiving weekend paddle? If so, let's kill two birds with one stone and
have a paddle with Thanksgiving leftovers as picnic lunch.

I was thinking Saturday, Nov. 30th , either Tucks Point in Manchester out to one of those nearby islands,

10:30 launch, noon-ish lunch stop for leftovers at some carefully chosen spot, (hey, we could practise our cold weather bivvy skills and build a temporary kayak lean-to/windbreak) return no later than 3 PM.

Post your interest here or to me by PM.

Peter

Respondents have all favored Tucks Point in Manchester, so I changed the original posting. It looks like this trip can happen, since five have posted interest. SO;

meet at Tucks Point for a 10:30 launch. Paddle with a general destination of Misery Island and beyond , to some island in the area that's suitable for a lunch stop. Off the water no later than 3 PM.

The idea is a mellow, digestion inducing paddle, with the value addd benefit of putting leftovers to good use. ; Andy, rockage is an option if group resources ( paddlers, helmets, suitable conditions, safety etc. ) are appropriate.

It;s hard to imagine fair weather ever again , but marine forecasts are for diminishing seas, so we'll see how weather forerecast develops tomorrow and Friday. I'd cancel if theres a small craft advisory for the area, but we'll keep an eye on the forecast.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Doesn't "Small craft advisory" mean "We advise that you get your small craft out there ASAP"? Just askin' :)

Basically, yes. or " we advise that small craft not go on the water in the first place"

It's one notch down from "gale warning".