Holiday Party ~ Save the Date ~ December 7th

Katherine

The event you have been waiting for is quickly approaching...

Our Annual Holiday Party

Help us kick off the holiday season in style!

This is one of our annual events that allow us to meet, mingle and look back on the paddling season and the adventures we had.

What: Annual Holiday Party
Where: Gould Barn, Topsfield, MA
When: Saturday, December 7th, 2013
Time: 6:00 pm to 10pm

B.Y.O.B. & Potluck Party.... we do it so well! NSPN members have legendary high culinary standards! Soda and metal bins with ice will be provided.

* Reindeer Games

** Raffle (in a different format with a different approach to prizes ~ Proceeds to benefit MITA)

*** Presentation of Year-End-Awards

**** Celebrating another year of friends and fun!

Please come... it won't be the same without you...

It will be great to see and meet friends.

Oh, and... I am looking for volunteers in 3 areas: food, entertainment and decorations
Surely you would rather volunteer than be drafted.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow NSPN members! I am in charge of decorations, and jointly with Katherine, entertainment.

Specifically, what I would need help with is setting up and then taking down after the party.

This would entail arriving about 30-45 minutes early to help set up tables and décor and then staying afterwards to take down the décor and put tables away. Others from the party often stay to help with the take down, so it goes very quickly.

If anyone is able to help, that would be appreciated!

Qualifications: willingness to help, ability to arrive early/stay late, doesn't mind a bit of glitter getting on their clothing :-)

It will be great to see everyone in normal street clothes instead of drysuits and great to meet new and old members!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you on the fence about whether to attend or not?

Here are a couple incentives:

Great food and great people!

Oh, not enough for you?

How about the chance to win prizes in a raffle to benefit MITA? We will have items such as drybags, a compass, collectible kayak ephemera and more!

Still not enough?

We also have not one, but TWO paddles in the raffle!

So come to the party, eat great food, have a good time, spend a bit on MITA and perhaps walk home with a new paddle!

We just received a THIRD paddle donated for the raffle to benefit MITA!!! Yes, I'm 'yelling', but I'm so excited by the generosity of the paddlesports vendors in the northeast!

So, what kind of paddles, you ask?

1. Werner Skagit 220cm paddle -- Donated by Theresa at Coastal Maine Kayak, in Kennebunk, ME

2. Stellar Low Angle Touring Hybrid (Carbon Shaft, red Fiberglass blade, length adjustable) -- Donated by Stellar Kayaks. in Northfield, MA

3. Werner Cyprus High Angle, Full Carbon 210cm -- Donated by John Carmody, coach extraordinaire in Boothbay, ME

This is a $400 paddle!!

We have such a great collection of raffle gifts - there's a great opportunity here to raise lots of $ for MITA. I hope everyone in NSPN can find a couple hours on December 7th to come to Topsfield, have a great time, and buy a few (or many) raffle tickets to support MITA.

We just received a THIRD paddle donated for the raffle to benefit MITA!!! Yes, I'm 'yelling', but I'm so excited by the generosity of the paddlesports vendors in the northeast!

So, what kind of paddles, you ask?

1. Werner Skagit 220cm paddle -- Donated by Theresa at Coastal Maine Kayak, in Kennebunk, ME

2. Stellar Low Angle Touring Hybrid (Carbon Shaft, red Fiberglass blade, length adjustable) -- Donated by Stellar Kayaks. in Northfield, MA

3. Werner Cyprus High Angle, Full Carbon 210cm -- Donated by John Carmody, coach extraordinaire in Boothbay, ME

This is a $400 paddle!!

We have such a great collection of raffle gifts - there's a great opportunity here to raise lots of $ for MITA. I hope everyone in NSPN can find a couple hours on December 7th to come to Topsfield, have a great time, and buy a few (or many) raffle tickets to support MITA.

If people can't make it, do you have a way for them to purchase raffle tickets?

Hi Jason,

Good question! No, raffle tickets may only be purchased @ the Holiday Party and the person must be present to win.

We'd love to see you there! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Since we are doing the raffle a bit differently this year I thought it made sense to give you all a heads-up.

Each attendee will be given a ticket to the General Raffle and additional tickets may be purchased for:

4 for $5.00

8 for $10.00

For the Première Raffle tickets are priced at:

3 for $5.00

7 for $10.00

15 for $20.00

50 for $50.00

125 for $100.00

Plan accordingly :-). and please bring exact change or check.

Did we mention that ALL the proceeds benefit MITA and that we have some way cool items?

See you soon,

Just an update with a few more donated items for the raffle:

We have one Men's and one Women's Kokatat TROPOS Light Paddling Jacket - donated by Suz Hutchinson!

Gary York has donated a copy of John Huth's book, The Lost Art of Finding Your Way - perhaps the winner will have a chance to have the author sign it in person!

Gary is also donating not one, but Two MITA memberships! So if you're not a member yet, this is a great way to find out about the wonders of the trail.

We look forward to seeing everyone in just a few days!

Katherine and Cathy,

I am looking forward to seeing you both later today and helping with the set-up duties. I will plan to arrive at the Gould Barn at least 45 minutes prior to 6:00PM.

Really looking forward to this evening!! :)

Warren